clearing question Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
if you miss your required grades by a bit how do you know if the unis accepted you or not. do they write to you or do you have to phone up and ask whether or not you've been accepted?
how do you know when to move from firm to insurance?
mensandan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The university knows our grades before we do. As such you can expect a letter to drop through your door within a couple of days of the results telling you the news. You could also just give them a call. I remember my bro missed 1 of his grades but he got a letter the day after results telling him he had got in to Bristol. Hope this helps dude. D
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Also your status is monitorable on the UCAS website on the day of the results.

You won't be able to find out on there the day before, even if your university have got your results !
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
yup, like someone already said if u've missed the grades, just give the uni a ring as soon as u have ur results ... they might still b able to offer you a place It's best to be quick about calling tho, cos there might b loads of other people in the same situation and in this case places will most likely be offered on a first come first served bases. I know I'm gonna b ringing my first choice uni on results day, no way have I made the grades they wanted
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (173)
18.66%
No (561)
60.52%
Not really bothered about them (193)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise