Schumacher 'Out of Coma'

Watch this thread
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27868787

Here's hoping that the media respect the family (no repeat of Prince George phone call scandal).
xDave-
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Very surprising to me. Maybe it's somewhat normal for people to wake up after a long coma, but it sounded like it was game over for him from what I read. Great news though.
alow
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Brilliant!
minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I almost cried when I heard. I know I don't know him but he's one of the greats of the sport. And if you survive racing in F1 in the days when people were dying (pre 1994) then I really want you to go on to die of old age!
Obviously it's now important to allow them their privacy, but I hope they don't keep us completely in the dark, and we get at least one update about how he is and how is brain is doing - we don't know if he'll be the same person or not.
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 8 years ago
Amazing
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xDave-)
Very surprising to me. Maybe it's somewhat normal for people to wake up after a long coma, but it sounded like it was game over for him from what I read. Great news though.
You don't know how long hes been out of the coma...

He transferred hospitals today, presumably its been a while.
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
He looks like david cameron
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by minimarshmallow)
And if you survive racing in F1 in the days when people were dying (pre 1994) then I really want you to go on to die of old age!
Meh, hes an F1 driver, adrenalin junkie, dying in a skiing accident would be pretty apt compared to a nursing home.

As sad as it is when Colin McRae and people die flying helicopters after their driving careers its not all that much of a surprise.
Old_Simon
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
All the news says is that technically he is no longer in a coma and he can see and hear. What state he is in remains unstated.
The Socktor
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I almost cried when I heard. I know I don't know him but he's one of the greats of the sport. And if you survive racing in F1 in the days when people were dying (pre 1994) then I really want you to go on to die of old age!
Well, to be fair, before Ratzenburger and Senna's death there hadn't been any deaths in F1 in 8 years. Things really had improved since the 70s when it was a total blood sport.

Then again I did just have a look on Wikipedia and found out that it was only last December that a test driver died (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar%C3%ADa_de_Villota). Tragic.
minimarshmallow
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by The Socktor)
Well, to be fair, before Ratzenburger and Senna's death there hadn't been any deaths in F1 in 8 years. Things really had improved since the 70s when it was a total blood sport.

Then again I did just have a look on Wikipedia and found out that it was only last December that a test driver died (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar%C3%ADa_de_Villota). Tragic.
But there were still some serious injuries as well - Hakkinen 1995 being a prime example.

Yeah, Maria lost her eye in a straight line test crash and died about 18 months later. Incredible woman, wish I could have met her.
The Socktor
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
But there were still some serious injuries as well - Hakkinen 1995 being a prime example.

Yeah, Maria lost her eye in a straight line test crash and died about 18 months later. Incredible woman, wish I could have met her.
Yeah, I knew but about the crash but I only just found out she died. RIP to her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (31)
27.68%
Take a gap year (17)
15.18%
Resit my exams (30)
26.79%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.18%
I don't know yet (12)
10.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.46%

Watched Threads