Turn on thread page Beta

re-sit resit retake retaking Alevel exams watch

ReputationRep:
    hi guys...i was wondering, i just got my Alevel results (not AS) and i did miserably bad. I got CDD...C being in chemistry (2 bloody marks of a B!), D in Physics and Biology both only 5 and 7 marks off C's respectively ! My college say i cant resit A2 exams at the college because of their policies (personally, i think this is bull crap) but anyway...i rang up the exam boards...OCR for chemistry and physics and AQA for biology...they said i can enter as a private/external candidate as long as i can find a centre to sit the exams. Now, this seems like a cheaper solution than going to tutorial colleges. Other colleges local to me do not offer the same exam boards for those courses. Does anybody have any idea where i can sit my exams as an external candidate anywhere in london?:confused: preferably Norht-West London (i live in harrow/stanmore area)

Any help would be much much appreciated coz this may just save my life!

cheers guys/gals :tsr2:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Could you not ask another college if they'd be prepared to let you sit as an external candidate on another board? I don't know how much it costs for them to do this, to be honest. I'd imagine it's the same. And the days would line up so you wouldn't have 5 invigilators all walking round your single solitary desk. :p: Phone them up and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Could you not ask another college if they'd be prepared to let you sit as an external candidate on another board? I don't know how much it costs for them to do this, to be honest. I'd imagine it's the same. And the days would line up so you wouldn't have 5 invigilators all walking round your single solitary desk. :p: Phone them up and ask.
    I already asked but they don't sit ANY A2 exams in january so they cannot have external candidates apparently. It is against their "policy" to let private candidates sit exams at their centre. I even offered to pay for myself, but noooooooooooo!
    Do u think if i ask my first choice uni (UCL) that if i did a similar course at another uni and did well in it...say i get a 2-1 in the first year...do u think they'd let me transfer meself to UCL?:confused:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vinnie11)
    I already asked but they don't sit ANY A2 exams in january so they cannot have external candidates apparently. It is against their "policy" to let private candidates sit exams at their centre. I even offered to pay for myself, but noooooooooooo!
    Do u think if i ask my first choice uni (UCL) that if i did a similar course at another uni and did well in it...say i get a 2-1 in the first year...do u think they'd let me transfer meself to UCL?:confused:
    :confused: I doubt it, courses are very different. You can try asking though. Are there no other colleges or schools near you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinnie11)
    Does anybody have any idea where i can sit my exams as an external candidate anywhere in london?:confused: preferably Norht-West London (i live in harrow/stanmore area)

Any help would be much much appreciated coz this may just save my life!

cheers guys/gals :tsr2:
    Just pick up the phone book and start phoning schools/collages. I'm sure there'll be one school/collage which allows private entry.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.