The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by mathsprodugy
I've just finished my Btec maths and i really do think i secured a merit - can someone please tell me how i can apply for A-level further maths? I really do think i am ready for this step up, i am cup for the challunj

I don't believe you can apply for A-level further mathematics without an A* or a prior year of A-level/Express mathematics. Additionally, I don't find btec maths is good enough to do the latter.
Reply 2
What if i get a distinction star instead, is that good enough?
Reply 3
Original post by mathsprodugy
What if i get a distinction star instead, is that good enough?

Alas, I'm not too sure when it comes to Btecs. I've never done one nor heard of anyone doing one so I'm going with the word of my college based on the assumption the college of your choice may adhere to the same statement:

"Course RequirementsYou should already have a pass in AS Level or A Level Maths. You can study AS Level Further
Maths alongside A Level Maths in Year 2.

It is vital that you enjoy doing Maths, as well as being good at it. You will spend a lot of time on
the subject!" - Further Mathematics

[h="2"]"Course Requirements[/h]You will need a good understanding of earlier work and a GCSE Grade B or above in Maths. If you
have a Grade C you should consider AS Use of Maths (NC136) instead.

Hard working students with modest talent succeed on this course! Able students consistently achieve
the very highest grades." - AS/A level mathematics.

I am understanding you correct, yes?
Reply 4
alright fine, why dont i lower the steaks and ask you, is a merit nuff for me to get into oxbridge. But i've done 7 Bteks and i have distinctions in all of them except from mafematical mafematics.
Reply 5
mafs :giggle:
4/10 only because someone fell for it.
Reply 7
Original post by rayquaza17
4/10 only because someone fell for it.

Fell for what? Is this a trolling attempt? xD
Original post by Magistl
Fell for what? Is this a trolling attempt? xD

I think so, "But i've done 7 Bteks and i have distinctions in all of them except from mafematical mafematics." give it away.
Reply 9
Original post by rayquaza17
I think so, "But i've done 7 Bteks and i have distinctions in all of them except from mafematical mafematics." give it away.

I had a hunch something was up but I excused it and thought this person wasn't very bright. Whoops. :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
How did this manage to get any serious replies...?

Latest