Cinema Advice after exam Watch

KaylaB
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So basically now at my school every other year 11 has finished school except about 10 of us whi do triple science.
My friends and I (a mixture of those finished and those not finished) were planning to go to the cinema on Thursday to watch The Fault in Our Stars. The thing is in Thursday is the day of the Chemistry 3 exam. It should finish at like 2.35 and the screening we are hoping to go to starts at 2.20. That's fine as adverts are at the start for the first 30mins but will we be allowed in to the cinema in our uniform before school finishes? (My school finishes at 3) I just don't want to go there and a few of us get turned down for being in uniform. It's a Cineworld cinema if that makes a difference?
Thanks!
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does your school live next door to cineworld or something? I doubt they'd care but you're cutting it a bit fine with those times, buy the tickets in advance.
Sandhu_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No they wont say anything you'll be fine aha
DeclanCochran
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KaylaB)
So basically now at my school every other year 11 has finished school except about 10 of us whi do triple science.
My friends and I (a mixture of those finished and those not finished) were planning to go to the cinema on Thursday to watch The Fault in Our Stars. The thing is in Thursday is the day of the Chemistry 3 exam. It should finish at like 2.35 and the screening we are hoping to go to starts at 2.20. That's fine as adverts are at the start for the first 30mins but will we be allowed in to the cinema in our uniform before school finishes? (My school fijishes at 3) I just don't want to go there and a few of us get turned down for being in uniform. It's a Cineworld cinema if that makes a difference?
Thanks!

I work in a cinema, and personally we never turn down people just because they're wearing school uniform and it's not school time. If your issue is that you don't think you look old enough, then TFIOS is a 12A, so unless you're a particularly young looking group of year 11's then you're going to get into the film. 12A's aren't the most stringently upheld ratings in the world, and also if you get asked how old you are, then you can just say your age and be fine.

It's the same with 15's. We know that you don't tend to have ID's around that age, so once we ask your age, and you give it, that's all we have to go on. It's only if you look really, really young that we use the ID thing to kick you out, and that's for 15's only.

You won't be turned down
Gorwell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KaylaB)
My friends and I (a mixture of those finished and those not finished) were planning to go to the cinema on Thursday to watch The Fault in Our Stars. The thing is in Thursday is the day of the Chemistry 3 exam. It should finish at like 2.35 and the screening we are hoping to go to starts at 2.20. That's fine as adverts are at the start for the first 30mins but will we be allowed in to the cinema in our uniform before school finishes? (My school fijishes at 3) I just don't want to go there and a few of us get turned down for being in uniform. It's a Cineworld cinema if that makes a difference?
Thanks!
well I'm 16 and just finished my GCSEs and still got ID'd when I was in uniform at cineworld- they asked for ID to buy the student ticket which is cheaper than the adult so Idk, I ended up booking online which is way cheaper than the adult tickets. They don't care if you're late for a film unless it has started and it's quite a bit into the film. Best to book online as you avoid ID hassle and can go in at any time.
KaylaB
Rep:
?
(Original post by justanotherposter)
Does your school live next door to cineworld or something? I doubt they'd care but you're cutting it a bit fine with those times, buy the tickets in advance.
Yeah my school is right next to a leisure park area full of cinemas restaurants bowling alleys ect. And I'm hoping to give my ticket money to my friend who doesnt have the exam so she can just give me the ticket and we go in.
KaylaB
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeclanCochran)
I work in a cinema, and personally we never turn down people just because they're wearing school uniform and it's not school time. If your issue is that you don't think you look old enough, then TFIOS is a 12A, so unless you're a particularly young looking group of year 11's then you're going to get into the film. 12A's aren't the most stringently upheld ratings in the world, and also if you get asked how old you are, then you can just say your age and be fine.

It's the same with 15's. We know that you don't tend to have ID's around that age, so once we ask your age, and you give it, that's all we have to go on. It's only if you look really, really young that we use the ID thing to kick you out, and that's for 15's only.

You won't be turned down
Sorry, I mean like will we be turned down to watch the film because we're going to a cinema during school times (in uniform as well) and the age restriction bit is fine we all look 16 anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads