Halls Watch

Noori88
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I recieved my pack of stuff from loughborough today, i got in to do the Engineering with Foundation year course. I've been placed in Harry French Court accomodation, which looks to be ages away from my department buildings. How long does it take to walk there? Is it worth me trying to change? (is that possible?).

Also, ive heard loughborough is a bit 'clique-ey'......is this true?

Cheers for any help!
baby_emmy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Woo! Foundation! Basically all your lectures are going to be down in Mech Eng, there's the odd few by EHB... not many though!! I was in Bill Mo (basically go to the Union, cross the road and your there) and it took me 30min to walk down to lectures, first week took me longer as didn't know where i was going, lol! I knew someone in HF on foundation, but he took his bike with him, i'd say other wise about... 45min walking? So yeah, is quite a distance!!

Only time i saw a clique was in my halls, but there was a strange bunch there this year! Lol, otherwise nah i don't think it is!

-x-
Noori88
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
OK Thanks a lot, im thinking ill take a bike with me aswell to save hassle.

Is it possible to change halls after a few weeks there or whatever? Or are there not usually any spaces free?

Also whats it like sharing a bathroom with 6-8 people?! hehe

Cheers
baby_emmy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's no problem at all! Everyone has different time tables and things, so theres never an issue!

It is possible, people drop out, move rooms, etc etc so places can become available. There's somewhere on the Loughborough website that tells you, and it's down to you to ask the warden can you move and things!

-x-
e_clark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if i was you i would ring them up now and explain your situation, they might move you if you argue ur case well! and it will be easier to not have to move after a few weeks when u have made friends etc!
Danica
Report 12 years ago
i called up yesterday begging to change the only rooms they had left were a couple in towers or a shared room in butler court
e_clark
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
danica did u go to bingley grammar?
Montrose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Danica)
i called up yesterday begging to change the only rooms they had left were a couple in towers or a shared room in butler court
I had a friend doing Art foundation who stayed in Towers last year. From what I heard, a lot of the sporty people stayed there was so was a lot of fooling around, but apparently it was ok.
Danica
Report 12 years ago
yeah i did!
e_clark
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
coool i went to bradford grammar. do u know someone called nathalie, i think shes friends with charlotte wilson
Danica
Report 12 years ago
no i think i might be the year above i took a year out! i know a few people who went to bgs but i think there a few years older
lil_lisa86
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Danica)

sharing a room in butler isnt all bad. for starters you have a friend straight away, and you tend to have different lectures, so you do get the room to yourself in parts.
crazysuz53
Report 12 years ago
i was in harry french court and its 45 mins away id say half an hr max - there were quite a few engineers in my block nd they managed it no probs - bringing a bike will make it alot easier tho!!!
Montrose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Plus biking would keep you fit so that in your free time you can relax and not worry about exercise!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.55%
No (555)
60.92%
Not really bothered about them (187)
20.53%

Watched Threads