The Student Room Group

Manchester nightlife in the summer?

Hijacking a little bit, as I guess its not a question specifically about the university. I'm also asking a little early :tongue:

I'm turning 18 in August and will be going to Manchester for nights out etc. asap however I'm concerned that it'll be dead because of it being the holidays and students not being in. Can anyone give me any insight as to which places/areas will still be active and where I should try out? I'm specifically looking for nightclubs, though any interest in bars/pubs is welcome too. I'm sure I'd work this out closer to the time, but if you could think of anything that is clearly a no-go area in the Summer or a must-go then I'd appreciate it.
Reply 1
Trust me, it's never dead in manchester. Unless you want to go out on a Sunday, I just don't recommend that whatsoever in the summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by brendonbackflip
Hijacking a little bit, as I guess its not a question specifically about the university. I'm also asking a little early :tongue:

I'm turning 18 in August and will be going to Manchester for nights out etc. asap however I'm concerned that it'll be dead because of it being the holidays and students not being in. Can anyone give me any insight as to which places/areas will still be active and where I should try out? I'm specifically looking for nightclubs, though any interest in bars/pubs is welcome too. I'm sure I'd work this out closer to the time, but if you could think of anything that is clearly a no-go area in the Summer or a must-go then I'd appreciate it.

In any case avoid tiger tiger like the plague. Anyway, it depends what you like?
Reply 3
Original post by brendonbackflip

Here is a webstie btw with lots of alternative options. Are you visiting?
Reply 4
Original post by dontbtz
Here is a webstie btw with lots of alternative options. Are you visiting?

Aaaand I forgot the link :rolleyes: http://www.visitmanchester.com/what-to-do/nightlife/ here you are :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest