Things to do in the summer after GCSE's Watch

corporal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What are you going to do in the summer. Share your plans for this summer.
teenhorrorstory
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Read,read,and read some more
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Seriously guys, just enjoy your summer rather than starting A level preparation. You'll be working hard for two years so you may as well take advantage of this long break

Posted from TSR Mobile
JasonBrown2K14
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Redecorating my room, doing more photography and video editing (finally buying a Sigma 10-20mm lens I hope and getting awesome landscapes!), going to the Lake District, doing some Microsoft qualifications with the school whilst I get them for free.

I'm all planned out.
corporal
Rep:
?
Does anyone know where to get a job that pays well and is an active job for a 16yr old
username1230881
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[deleted]
Last edited by username1230881; 8 months ago
corporal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
Seriously guys, just enjoy your summer rather than starting A level preparation. You'll be working hard for two years so you may as well take advantage of this long break

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree but the holiday is too long and will get bored so want to find something productive and each day should be different as i get bored very easily
corporal
Rep:
?
(Original post by doctorwhofan98)
I am going to prepare for A levels. I have some work experience with a barrister, but otherwise my summer is free so I'm going to use the time effectively. Law is so competitive, and I'd like to go to a top university (UCL or KCL ideally), so my plan is to learn the AS level content, meaning that the lessons will be revision and the actual exam season will be a lot easier. Hopefully I'll get 90%+ in the exams, leading to A* predicted grades and lots of offers. I hope.

That's a great of getting ahead and knowing the content of the subjects you are going to start studying in september, so you understand more in lessons. That;s really good for you. Keep it and good luck for getting your uni offers in 2016.
corporal
Rep:
?
(Original post by teenhorrorstory)
Read,read,and read some more

And enjoy do't over work as your brain needs to be ready to learn. Good luck!
corporal
Rep:
?
(Original post by JasonBrown2K14)
Redecorating my room, doing more photography and video editing (finally buying a Sigma 10-20mm lens I hope and getting awesome landscapes!), going to the Lake District, doing some Microsoft qualifications with the school whilst I get them for free.

I'm all planned out.
That's great. Are you going to find a job? Good luck with your Microsoft qualifications.
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As I said on the other forum:

I've decreed that I'll take a few days off once my holiday finally arrives (holiday with the family, that is) and a few days rest when I move to my new location. For the days regarding no rest, I shan't waste time and I plan on spending 80% of it learning some of the modules on AS Physics and Chem, primarily 1 and 2. Why bother going any further? I've also got a spare nuclear and particle physics A-level book which its content encompasses all of the A-level Nuclear and Particle physics content across all exam boards, so I'll learn from that.

Oh, and furthermore: I have two books I've been meaning to read, Why does E=mc^2? and The Black Death, an intimate history. (Medieval medicine is my favourite type of medical history, so much death, resistance and ignorance but also recollection and learning! Not so much as the renaissance but hey.)
corporal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Magistl)
As I said on the other forum:

I've decreed that I'll take a few days off once my holiday finally arrives (holiday with the family, that is) and a few days rest when I move to my new location. For the days regarding no rest, I shan't waste time and I plan on spending 80% of it learning some of the modules on AS Physics and Chem, primarily 1 and 2. Why bother going any further? I've also got a spare nuclear and particle physics A-level book which its content encompasses all of the A-level Nuclear and Particle physics content across all exam boards, so I'll learn from that.

Oh, and furthermore: I have two books I've been meaning to read, Why does E=mc^2? and The Black Death, an intimate history. (Medieval medicine is my favourite type of medical history, so much death, resistance and ignorance but also recollection and learning! Not so much as the renaissance but hey.)

Oh ok that's nice. Moving locations must be exciting

Yeah it's good to have a good understanding of the a-level subjects content so your ahead when you go back in september. Good Luck
miz rahman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i'm going to have a **** for every A* i get
PaulWilliams98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll be reading over the AS-Level notes for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics that the OCR exam boards provide! After I have done this, I'll be downloading Star Wars: The Old Republic for some MMO fun!
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by corporal)
Oh ok that's nice. Moving locations must be exciting

Yeah it's good to have a good understanding of the a-level subjects content so your ahead when you go back in september. Good Luck
Not particularly exciting. I'm still going to maintain communications with acquaintances and friends via Facebook/Twitter/Student room so there isn't much lost on that aspect.

I appreciate the "Good luck", best of luck to you too when you happen to do AS/A-level! Although it's true that we'll be working hard for the next two years after this break is done, I simply dislike sitting about doing little throughout the day, 'hanging with friends', 'watching a film or tv series' and 'relaxing' doesn't do it for me, it bores me. No offense to anyone who enjoys doing that! We all have different likes
Gorwell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Read all the 40 books that I've piled neatly into the corner of my room. I might order some more books and try finding some volunteer work, NCS, and learn bits of AS content to feel a bit more confident with my options. Might go through those head start to AS books instead of going into the hardcore stuff straight away
corporal
Rep:
?
(Original post by miz rahman)
i'm going to have a **** for every A* i get

Lol what else are you going to do for the rest of your summer holiday :curious:
FatmanO
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
go to party's, read all the books on my book shelf and relaaaaaax
PaulWilliams98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FatmanO)
go to party's, smoke weed in Hyde park, read all the books on my book shelf and relaaaaaax
Smoke pan everyday!
FatmanO
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PaulWilliams98)
Smoke pan everyday!
ahhhhh, you know what I mean; not everyday though, I don't think ill be able to handle it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (524)
59.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.38%

Watched Threads