LouieSax
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello. I am hoping to apply for a Health Care Assistant Job to fill my gap year and improve my application for university. I have looked at all the articles such as "How to write a killer CV" and "CV Q&A" on here etc. but I still have a few questions.
If you could take the time to answer my questions I will be extremely grateful.

1) How should I set out my qualifications? (I know I have to place them in reverse chronological order and what to include, such as dates and things and not to list all my qualifications just write 12 GCSE's A*-B that sort of thing) But when I write it out in my CV I'm not entirely sure of how to format it, as it seems to take up quite some room and it looks quite strange. If anyone could provide an example on here (only of qualifications) that would clear it up for me

2) Is there anywhere I could go to get my CV checked (e.g. they have the PS helper on here so maybe something similar?)

3) Where would I put non-academic qualifications and awards. For example, I have bronze,silver and Gold Duke of Edinburgh's awards, Bronze and Silver Volunteering Awards and a CPR certificate. What section of the CV would that go in?

Also, if anyone has any further advice on CV's, Health Care Assistant Jobs or applying for a HCA job. It'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
M-Dog
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LouieSax)
Hello. I am hoping to apply for a Health Care Assistant Job to fill my gap year and improve my application for university. I have looked at all the articles such as "How to write a killer CV" and "CV Q&A" on here etc. but I still have a few questions.
If you could take the time to answer my questions I will be extremely grateful.

1) How should I set out my qualifications? (I know I have to place them in reverse chronological order and what to include, such as dates and things and not to list all my qualifications just write 12 GCSE's A*-B that sort of thing) But when I write it out in my CV I'm not entirely sure of how to format it, as it seems to take up quite some room and it looks quite strange. If anyone could provide an example on here (only of qualifications) that would clear it up for me

2) Is there anywhere I could go to get my CV checked (e.g. they have the PS helper on here so maybe something similar?)

3) Where would I put non-academic qualifications and awards. For example, I have bronze,silver and Gold Duke of Edinburgh's awards, Bronze and Silver Volunteering Awards and a CPR certificate. What section of the CV would that go in?

Also, if anyone has any further advice on CV's, Health Care Assistant Jobs or applying for a HCA job. It'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
I would put duke of Edinburgh in 'key achievements'
LouieSax
Rep:
?
(Original post by M-Dog)
I would put duke of Edinburgh in 'key achievements'
Any advice on the set out of education?
So far I've set it out as:
EDUCATION
GCSE's
______ Comprehensive school 2011-2012 12 GCSE'S A*-B

A LEVELS
________ college 2012-2014 3 A levels in Biology, Psychology and Health and Social Care - Grades Pending

But I feel like the layout looks kinda strange, so I don't know what to do with that :///

Any help or advice?
M-Dog
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
EDUCATION
GCSE's

A LEVELS
________ college 2012-2014 3 A levels in Biology, Psychology and Health and Social Care - Grades Pending

But I feel like the layout looks kinda strange, so I don't know what to do with that :///

Any help or advice?
For gcses just state the school and year in heading and then write number if A* to Cs including maths and English
Similar for A levels, completed A levels in x y and z results pending
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
EDUCATION
GCSE's

A LEVELS

Any help or advice?
Education

2012-14 College Name, Town
[tab] Studying A level Biology, Psychology and Health & Social Care
20xx-12 School Name, Town
[tab] 12 GCSEs including English and Maths
LouieSax
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
education

2012-14 college name, town
[tab] studying a level biology, psychology and health & social care
20xx-12 school name, town
[tab] 12 gcses including english and maths
(Original post by m-dog)
for gcses just state the school and year in heading and then write number if a* to cs including maths and english
similar for a levels, completed a levels in x y and z results pending

thank you both! :d
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (364)
44.77%
No (86)
10.58%
I'm not old enough (363)
44.65%

Watched Threads