The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

My First thread - Starting september 1st year

Im new here and this is actually my first thread lol.

Just recieved my accomandation papers and ive been offered Stafford FLOOR 13. Which flat is better or which would you prefer (i think this is mainly for people who go to aston - Stafford, Dalton, or Lawrence?

Anyone else in that floor? Oh ive applied to do Computing Science as well. Anyone else doing this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guess no on else is doing computing science then lol
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Staff 13 rocks!! I had mates there last year and it was a lovely flat.
Personally I like stafford,the view,the people - its all good :smile: Most people tend to say Dalton.
Reply 3
Yep, I'm doing Computer Science :smile: Got in through clearing today... yay.

Bit worried about the whole clearing accommodation thing though... :frown:
senab
Yep, I'm doing Computer Science :smile: Got in through clearing today... yay.

Bit worried about the whole clearing accommodation thing though... :frown:

Wahey ANOTHER comp Science!!!
I'm doing it too and I'm on Floor 15 at Stafford!
Reply 5
chilin_dude
Wahey ANOTHER comp Science!!!
I'm doing it too and I'm on Floor 15 at Stafford!

Did you apply through clearing then?
senab
Did you apply through clearing then?

Nope it was my first choice all along!
Reply 7
Comp Science person here as well! There are others!
Reply 8
I'm doing electronic engineering and computer science, so I'll probably be in some of your lectures
Reply 9
Yeyyy im not the only one doing it then lol.
Reply 10
Stafford 13 was great last year!

Just make sure that you get to know everybody. We had a really great auntie and we all got to know each other and became friends. We just went into each others rooms like that and knew everyone. From what I hav read, it sounds that some people didn't even know the people who were a couple doors down from them. Make sure this doesn't happen.

Get to freshers week as a group and have some beer or whatever propping your door open.

Can't believe I am moving out of Stafford 13. Loved the first year and it went SOO fast (everyone says that... its true!)
Beware though... the bath on the low numbers side is totally grotty and grummy! Never used it :smile:

Seshes in the kitchen were quality too!! :smile:
Reply 11
Cool cant wait, just hope everyones friendly on my floor thats all.

What you mean the bath on the low numbers side. Would that be on my side or the side? I am room 18 so im guessing not?

Oh n i hope they all like my taste of music as im bringing ma 5.1 lol
Reply 12
Stafford is split into 2 sides.
Rooms 1-9 and 10 - 18.
You have the toilets inbetween the 2 corridors with a bath and kitchen on each side.
Reply 13
Ahh i get it, how big were the rooms? Are they all the same size or different?
Reply 14
so, could someone please confirm, in stafford, there are ONLY 3 toilets (as in single toilets) and JUST 2 showers? between a whole 18 people? oh dear.
Reply 15
I guess its the first to wake up gets in the shower first lol
It's been said a lot on here that you barely ever have to queue for the loo or the shower, but yeah, your numbers are right!

There is a bath on each side though, but they're pretty old and I only know two people who used them last year.

As for the size of the rooms, some are better than others, I think 1, 8, 11 and 18 are the bigger ones on the ends, and 10 and 9 are smaller but the rest are the same (pretty good) sizes.
Reply 17
YES im room 18 I hope ur right lol cos thts just made my day lol
Reply 18
i'm in room 9.... :frown:
I was in 10, don't worry, it's still pretty good, I got all my stuff in there!

Latest