The Student Room Group

Keeping up with uni friends over the summer

Do people do this? It seems so weird to me, at uni I felt fine texting/randomly chatting with everyone I had got to know but now I'm home for the summer it feels like a world away and since we're not living/studying together wouldn't be quite sure what to say! (These are people I got on with great in halls and at uni by the way, no falling out or anything)

Basically, how do people normally keep up with their friends from uni over the summer? Such a weird situation since I go to uni over the other side of the country in the south west, can be tricky actually meeting anyone from uni at all too

Cheers
I've just been chatting with mine about random stuff like game of thrones or sending stupid stuff to them I find on the internet :') also been asking if they want to meet up and hang out over the summer.
let them go

it's unlikely you'll see many of them again
Original post by + polarity -
let them go

Many people keep in contact and keep good solid friendships with the friends they make at university for a large period of their lives.
Reply 4
Original post by SophieSmall
Many people keep in contact and keep good solid friendships with the friends they make at university for a large period of their lives.

That's my thoughts too, we got on so well living together it would be weird to just not speak to them ever again. I will probably be living with at least a few of them next year too so that's even more of a reason. Would be so weird to not talk at all over the summer and then come back and be like "oh hi" and start all over again

Matt
Original post by rugbyladosc
thats bleak

life is bleak
Original post by + polarity -
let them go

They'd just be in uni again after he summer period?
Original post by Demographics
They'd just be in uni again after he summer period?

living elsewhere, meeting new people, moving in different circles
Original post by rugbyladosc
get over yourself mate. just because ur depressed that you have finished uni and have no mates doesnt mean its ok to come onto TSR and spread bad vibes

I'm not depressed.
I normally text people from uni and keep in touch like that. I know others might meet up over the summer. Depends what you want to do .
Original post by matt375
That's my thoughts too, we got on so well living together it would be weird to just not speak to them ever again. I will probably be living with at least a few of them next year too so that's even more of a reason. Would be so weird to not talk at all over the summer and then come back and be like "oh hi" and start all over again

Matt

Oh you've not got your accommodation sorted out for next year yet?
My uni friends and I signed our tenancy agreement in December, not sure how fast student properties go where you are but here they were going like hot cakes :P I definitely encourage trying to chat with them over summer.
I'm meeting up with my uni friends this Saturday, we used to text/speak/see each other everyday so it would be weird to stop all that just because we all live in different cities for summer. Maybe it's because I'm pretty close with all my uni friends, we just got on so well lol. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by SophieSmall
Oh you've not got your accommodation sorted out for next year yet?
My uni friends and I signed our tenancy agreement in December, not sure how fast student properties go where you are but here they were going like hot cakes :P I definitely encourage trying to chat with them over summer.

Yeah I've signed a tenancy agreement, thing is I don't want to be living there now I've changed my course, I want to be in halls! I am trying to find someone to take my room off me in the meantime though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending