AQA French GCSE

Watch this thread
Milo98
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey! I'm currently a British Grade 10 student in Toronto, Canada. I often don't feel challenged by the curriculum of my province or the standards of my school and I often find myself studying things that are somewhat challenging. I would very much like to take my IGSCEs or GCSEs but the only school that offers these courses seems to be obnoxiously posh and isn't anywhere where I would like to study. I have been studying at the Alliance Française here in Toronto and my spoken French is close to fluent. I decided to write a past paper for the French GCSE today. I received an A* on Unit 1 and an A on Unit 2. I was wondering about what you guys thought about the difficulty of AQA French GCSEs?
childofthesun
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Well,it's not surprising that you got an A* since you're already near fluent in French. French is my first language.I did my French 1st Language igcse exam a few weeks ago and i found it easy,which was to be expected!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Milo98
Rep:
Rochana, est-ce qu'il y'a beaucoup de similarités entre le GCSE et l'IGCSE?
childofthesun
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by milesgilbert)
Rochana, est-ce qu'il y'a beaucoup de similarités entre le GCSE et l'IGCSE?
iGCSEs/GCSEs en général? ou tout simplement français?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BCMFM16
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hey! I'm currently a British Grade 10 student in Toronto, Canada. I often don't feel challenged by the curriculum of my province or the standards of my school and I often find myself studying things that are somewhat challenging. I would very much like to take my IGSCEs or GCSEs but the only school that offers these courses seems to be obnoxiously posh and isn't anywhere where I would like to study. I have been studying at the Alliance Française here in Toronto and my spoken French is close to fluent. I decided to write a past paper for the French GCSE today. I received an A* on Unit 1 and an A on Unit 2. I was wondering about what you guys thought about the difficulty of AQA French GCSEs?
Its quite easy if you enjoy it like i do as the grade boundaries are quite low when a paper is hard. Do you go to an international school?
Milo98
Rep:
Rochana: oui, en général
Milo98
Rep:
And no, I'm unfortunately not at an international school
EastGuava
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by itsRochana)
Well,it's not surprising that you got an A* since you're already near fluent in French. French is my first language.I did my French 1st Language igcse exam a few weeks ago and i found it easy,which was to be expected!

Posted from TSR Mobile
But isn't French as a 1st Language different to AQA French, in that the exams are actually made for people who are fluent in the language?
childofthesun
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Rochana: oui, en général
They're very similar,they cover most of the same content. iGCSEs are slightly harder in my opinion. Are you considering moving to an International British school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
childofthesun
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by EastGuava)
But isn't French as a 1st Language different to AQA French, in that the exams are actually made for people who are fluent in the language?
Yes,and yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads