Is it worth doing both the BMAT and UKCAT??

Watch this thread
SALHA
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Currently thinking to apply to Medicine at Imperial, Kings College and Queen Mary's. As you may already be aware Imperial requires BMAT and the other two UKCAT.

Would it be wise to do both or would I be better off if I adjust the course I apply for at Imperial?

Posted from TSR Mobile
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Why do you want to avoid the BMAT?

Wait and see what you get in the UKCAT. If you do really well maybe you'll apply to more UKCAT unis, if you don't then you're forced down the BMAT route anyway.
sanam98
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
What's the difference between them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LibbyG
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sanam98)
What's the difference between them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BMAT is generally considered to be harder and contains a science and essay writing section among others. UKCAT is more like you would imagine an intelligence test, sections on reasoning, maths and English. You have to do different tests for different medical schools. You do the UKCAT before you apply and the BMAT after you apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
20%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
7.5%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
10%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
12.5%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (9)
22.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
27.5%

Watched Threads