Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Dynamo123
  • Study Helper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iamspiderman)
How do the lymphatic systems components (B cells , T cells , memory cells, natural killer cells) structures relate to their function ???

what is the role of tissue fluid and drainage within the lymphatic system?
Well, try to study the structure of a component. Technically, the components of the lymphatic system must not be cells, but the nodes, lymph organs etc. But that's that: if you want cells, then you must know their structure. For instance, a B cell has specific receptors on its membrane that allow it to bind chemical messengers. These then allow it to express antibodies. NK cells have specific proteins inside them, such as perforins, that have the ability to punch holes in the membrane of the invader and destroy it. Each cell has a specific biomachinery and specific proteins to carry its functions.

The primary function of the lymphatic system is to return the lymph, the tissue fluid that leaks out of your capillaries in the spaces surrounding the tissues, to the blood. For this it is specialized, having lymphatic capillaries, vessels etc. There is a lot of detail to this, so you can tell me what specifically you need to know.
iamspiderman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Dynamo123
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks
I know there is soo much to the lymphatic system but I've already wrote in detail a lot about it, as I'm Doing an essay on it. My teacher marked it, but asked me to include these points

so all I need to write is how b and T cells structure relate to the function of lymph system

And just the role of tissue fluid which is to be returned to the body's circulatory system and drainage
Well, study the structure of B and T cells. If you study their ultrastructure, you will find that they possess many features i.e. cell surface receptors, specific proteins etc that function in the immune response--a secondary function of the lymphatic system.

The role of tissue fluid is given here.
iamspiderman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Dynamo123
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for all your help
I have finished those parts
Just on the role of drainage now .. ...
No problemo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (46)
9.22%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.81%
No, but I want to start (177)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (117)
23.45%
No, I chose not to (145)
29.06%