Feedback on wikibooks

Watch this thread
pluke
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Dear All,

I started writing wikibooks computing back in 2006 and I'm heartened to see that there are lots of you using it this year for you AS and A2 studies. In an attempt to make it better, I would really like to know:
  • If your teacher recommends it, and if not, why not?
  • How did you find it compared to the official text book?
  • Did you use it to revise from or as your main text book?
  • What parts are rubbish, what parts are good?
  • What one thing would make it better?
Danny.Sortino
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
  • If your teacher recommends it, and if not, why not?

Yes you did, but my A2 teacher did not, as it was not completely finished and apparently was brief in sections.

• How did you find it compared to the official text book?

No comparison needs to be made, the textbook is awful, has mistakes all over the place and lots of useless information where as wikibooks has everything concise so well done!

• Did you use it to revise from or as your main text book?

Used it as mostly revision and as a reference to something I did not completely understand.

• What parts are rubbish, what parts are good?

The communication and networking section seems a little lacking, but is still useful nonetheless. Overall still a very good revision tool and good tool to use to learn the actual syllabus, much better than the actual textbook anyway.

• What one thing would make it better?

Actual example of exam questions and worked out answers would be nice to see maybe? And maybe some external links of other references that might help, and some more pictures . But overall it is really what I needed for my exam. So thank you so much for making it, it was a very very useful tool.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (15)
18.07%
The paper was reasonable (28)
33.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (31)
37.35%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads