This discussion is closed.
polka dots :)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Akuzan)
I also believe she's dead.
Same. I think the parents are hiding something and that she died by accident and they tried to cover it up. There is quite a lot of evidence that the Mcanns were involved in some way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sanctimonious
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Changing Skies)
I also believe she is dead and the parents aren't being honest about what actually happened.
Unfortunately, I doubt we will ever find out the truth.

{opinion based on old news sources)
e aí rapaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Onishan)
I think she's dead. it would be good if she was alive though. if she was alive they probably would have found her by now. if they can find Saddam Hussein in a cave and Ben Laden in Pakistan why can't they find madeleine?
The difference here is that both of those were extremely powerful men at the top of huge networks of people/followers that intelligence agencies could track, interrogate, follow, etc.

Madeline McCann is not.

(Original post by polka dots :))
Same. I think the parents are hiding something and that she died by accident and they tried to cover it up. There is quite a lot of evidence that the Mcanns were involved in some way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't believe there is. There serves no purpose for the police to keep spending time and money on an investigation, if there is "quite a lot of evidence" against a certain suspect I'm pretty sure the police would be on it.

Who DOES benefit from pushing that angle is the press, because the public love a conspiracy theory.
James222
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think the Russians kidnapped her and plan to brainwash her and then send her to infiltrate the British Security Establishment when she turns 18, they have done it before
TheMuslimProblem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
White children go missing all the time and they don't get any media attention so your argument that Madeline this much attention for being white is ridiculous.Also ethnic minority? come on, blacks and asians far outnumber whites in world population. We are the minority not you.
czechmishaout
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it would have been ..better for her if she had died soon. There are many things which could've happened to her and most of them, well, maybe a death would be the lesser evil. For her sake.
I don't want to speculate about the parents' agenda. The main thing we should be focused on is the girl and what happened to her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She's gone, I'm afraid.
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, she could be under child trafficking for all I care.
She has received a totally unfair share of publicity, since she isn't the only child that has been abducted/kidnapped/whatever.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd like to think that she is alive. There are people who go missing including children who are found many years later such as in Amstetten in Austria.

I have my doubts though. The campaign etc has been so successful that resources which are vastly greater than for any other missing child will be used.
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sanctimonious)
I think they sedated the children to go out and she died and they covered it up in a state of panic.

Exactly what I think.

I really doubt so too!
username1230881
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[removed]
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think they sedated the children to go out and she died and they covered it up in a state of panic.

(Original post by Changing Skies)
I also believe she is dead and the parents aren't being honest about what actually happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, since we are making stories up, I think the Madeleine flew off into space.

You have no evidence for your claims. It is slanderous and idiotic.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by miscounted_time)
It's a good possibility but not definite, some of their behaviour was odd to say the least. Most noticeably;

A multi million pound book deal - why would anyone want to profit from their child's disappearance, possibly death

Paying their mortgage with money that was donated by the public to fund the search for Madeleine. Surely most parents who believed there was hope would have dedicated every penny they had to the search. The fact they opted to spend money on something else rather than spend it on searching for Madeleine makes you wonder if they know something the rest if us don't, whether they were responsible or not.

I don't know how they got off so lightly anyway. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to leave toddlers and very young children alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. Two doctors, consultant and GP, on holiday in Portugal need help paying their mortgage.

Do you realise how stupid you sound?
miscounted_time
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Yes. Two doctors, consultant and GP, on holiday in Portugal need help paying their mortgage.

Do you realise how stupid you sound?
Firstly, they did use the funds to make mortgage payments. The made two payments with the fund until they were made official suspects at which point they stopped.

Secondly, you come across as a senselessly hostile individual. This is the second thread now where I have had experience of you and in both cases you bulldoze in and insult everyone.
Perhaps you are just sore because the last time you accused me of making stuff up which I didn't, I imagine you discovered this and instead of admitting your fault you adopted to hurl pathetic insults and made yourself look rather foolish. Congratulations, you have done the exact same thing again.

Incase you didn't take the hint from our last communications and my silence, I would appreciate it if you would not respond to this post as I have no interest in engaging any further with you. You certainly won't get a response.

EDIT: Surprise surprise he edited his entire post

Posted from TSR Mobile
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by miscounted_time)
Firstly, they did……..'t get a response.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know what you are talking about. I have never talked to you. I really don't care if you don't reply either.

I didn't claim that you made anything up.

They don't need help paying for their mortgage. They both could have gone back to work straight away as a GP and consultant and paid for it.

However, they decided to stay on and look for their child. Therefore, they used the fund to pay for their mortgage.

Unfortunately, the general public is filled with people like you that want to claim that they did something inappropriate or were involved in the murder of their child because they don't know anything.
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No.

I also struggle to understand why she has gotten so much media attention. I don't want to be a ****, but how many children go missing each year? No missing child during my life time has received this much coverage.
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
She's dead, has to be, makes sense tbh although that girl at the football game looked like her so who knows? :dontknow:
I've seen people that I mistook for someone I knew at first glance, and that is someone that I know the appearance of this week, aging software can only go so far, people look like other people, if Madeleine somehow is alive there are thousands of girls that look like what she could look like now.
Sanctimonious
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You have no evidence for your claims. It is slanderous and idiotic.
No its not. I'm entitled to think what I like. Changing Skies is entitled to believe what she likes.

It's slanderous if we claim they did do it and it was proven that they did not. Nobody said they definitely did do it but its what we think/believe. The Portuguese police also 'believed' certain things. Was that slanderous? No.

Stop using terms you do not understand. No claim was made against anyone.

Allowable defences are justification (i.e. the truth of the statement), fair comment (i.e., whether the statement was a view that a reasonable person could have held), and privilege (i.e., whether the statements were made in Parliament or in court, or whether they were fair reports of allegations in the public interest).
We would also be defended on two accounts. If the Portuguese police can hold such views as well as multiple people online then it must be a pretty fair comment.

What we think/believe is irrelevant at the end of the day. Its just opinion.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No its not. I'm entitled to think what I like. Changing Skies is entitled to believe what she likes.

It's slanderous if we claim they did do it and it was proven that they did not. Nobody said they definitely did do it but its what we think/believe. The Portuguese police also 'believed' certain things. Was that slanderous? No.

Stop using terms you do not understand. No claim was made against anyone.

We would also be defended on two accounts. If the Portuguese police can hold such views as well as multiple people online then it must be a pretty fair comment.

What we think/believe is irrelevant at the end of the day. Its just opinion.
Ok. It is slander then. You claimed that they do it.

The fact that it is not proven that they did not do it is irrelevant.

The information is known to be false/unsubstantiated.

It is not fair comment. I have no clue how you reached that conclusion either. The Portuguese police do not hold such views and the views of multiple ignorant people online is irrelevant.
Sanctimonious
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok. It is slander then. You claimed that they do it.

The fact that it is not proven that they did not do it is irrelevant.

The information is known to be false/unsubstantiated.

It is not fair comment. I have no clue how you reached that conclusion either. The Portuguese police do not hold such views and the views of multiple ignorant people online is irrelevant.
No I did not claim they did it. I said I think they did. That is not slanderous at all. Actually laughing considering I just studied this and intellectual property law.

You seem unable to differentiate between an opinion and a claim.

Defamation Act 2013
Honest opinion: It is a defence for defamation, to show the statement complained of was a statement of opinion. That it indicated in general or specific terms, the basis of the opinion.
I did not say it was the case but that's just what I think.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (298)
60.45%
Yes- I don't like it (24)
4.87%
No- I want it (135)
27.38%
No- I don't want it (36)
7.3%

Watched Threads