The Student Room Group

Boyfriend checks out other girls while with me

I've been with my boyfriend for two months now and I've noticed that he checks out other girls while on dates with me. I know all about his celebrity crushes and it doesn't bother me.

However on our last date, he spent the evening checking out a waitress. What really annoyed me was that he would stop talking to me whenever she came. When leaving I noticed that he had a b*ner.

I know I'm being super jealous but I can't help it and I know that if I were doing the same, he would get very upset. He calls me beautiful etc but I just don't believe him anymore. I've had confidence issues in the past. Can anyone please give me advice

Scroll to see replies

You're not being over jealous, it's out of order for him to noticeably check out other girls when he's with you, and especially to flirt with them.

Check out other guys, see how he reacts
Ugh thats so disrespectful hes one gross pig of a man. You deserve better. But yano what they say 'dont get mad get even'.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend for two months now and I've noticed that he checks out other girls while on dates with me. I know all about his celebrity crushes and it doesn't bother me.

However on our last date, he spent the evening checking out a waitress. What really annoyed me was that he would stop talking to me whenever she came. When leaving I noticed that he had a b*ner.

I know I'm being super jealous but I can't help it and I know that if I were doing the same, he would get very upset. He calls me beautiful etc but I just don't believe him anymore. I've had confidence issues in the past. Can anyone please give me advice

I think you're best off confronting him about it. Don't make a scene out of it in public but ideally somewhere you're alone where you can both discuss about it in a calm environment because the last thing you want is to break out into an argument. As a boyfriend, he shouldn't be checking out other girls because he doesn't realise that it's making you feel less special to him.
Tricky one but I guess the main point is that he's with you, not someone else. The best you could do is say that you noticed it and ask him to try not to do it in front of you. I wouldn't let it be a big deal...if it were me, I probably just give him a cheeky pinch on the ass every time I noticed lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's okay to check someone out but there's a point at which it's kind of over the top. This is over the top. Tell him how you feel and if he doesn't care then tell him to find someone else.
Noticing other girls are attractive is fine....getting a hard on is no. I would be so offended! You need to tell him it's not okay!!
Reply 7
Sounds a bit bad form to me - although it can be a bit difficult, trust me, for a guy to not get distracted at times and it doesn't mean anything. How do you know he erection wasn't thinking about you though?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

This is your fault. You allow him to treat you like his side girl.. Any real female with respect for themselves would leave that 'boyfriend' of theirs without having to post on a forum.. Like come on.

:facepalm:

Reply 9
I used to get very distracted by other girls when I was dating my ex, despite her being very good looking. It's only natural so you shouldn't be too bothered by it. A little disrespectful I can see, yes. But natural.
He actually got an erection checking out a waitress?

Are you dating a 12 year old (srs)?
You can browse the menu, just not sample it.
I tend to stop talking to my companion when a waitress is around because our conversation is private. Some men get erections easily, teenage boys pretty often.

Maybe he's checking out other girls but sounds like you're making a mountain out a molehill because you lack confidence.
Original post by Nugga

This is your fault. You allow him to treat you like his side girl.. Any real female with respect for themselves would leave that 'boyfriend' of theirs without having to post on a forum.. Like come on.

:facepalm:

EXACTLY.
He's 20 lol
Original post by A Perfect Circle
He actually got an erection checking out a waitress?

Are you dating a 12 year old (srs)?

He's 20 lol sorry I can't figure out how to delete my previous post (without quoting you) from my phone
Does anything happen in this pants when he looks at said girls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh he does.. PLAYAAAA!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
First off honey lol let him know he's bothering you. Who cares if you come off jealous. What you're doing is establishing your worth :closedeyes: Don't let him dare get that far again. Walk out or something dramatic if you must, definitely. I would :K: I would kick him under the table or "Ahem!" or ruffle the table :erm: Clink the silverware like you're making a toast :yep: lol

However...I've been that female before, who's being checked out while a guy is with his girl :s-smilie: And I snub him so hard :unimpressed:
Original post by parentlurker
I tend to stop talking to my companion when a waitress is around because our conversation is private. Some men get erections easily, teenage boys pretty often.

Maybe he's checking out other girls but sounds like you're making a mountain out a molehill because you lack confidence.

Well he stopped talking whenever she came with in his eyesight, not only when she was near. He's never done it before. I feel like I'm over reacting but I don't know what to do about it

Latest