The Student Room Group

fellow nursing students, I need your help with placements!

Hi guys,

I am a course rep for adult nursing and we are looking to switch up how our placements work. At the moment we do not allow any swapping or requests but are looking to change this. It would be fantastic if you guys could let me know whether your university allows you to swap placements with others or to request specific placements and how well this seems to work. Don't need to know where you're at uni or anything like that! :smile:

Thanks in advance! xx
The uni im going to in sept allows swaps but only if you find someone from the same cohort who has placement at the same time has agreed to swap. Then you go to your course tutor etc and run it by them. They then check before this can be done fully. It does work though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was at university you were able to swap with someone in the same cohort provided the placement was for the same module. didn't happen that often though.
It isn't allowed unless in 'exceptional circumstances', but we can swap as long as it's in the same area (community, acute, anticipatory care etc). Has to be someone in the same cohort and approved by the module leader.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending