The Student Room Group

Consequences of failing to meet my conditional offer?

Due to being an idle little **** for 90% of this year, I'm dubious as to whether or not I'm going to meet the ABB conditional offer to study Chemistry at the University of Bath.

My grades could be anywhere between ABB (highly doubtful) and BCC. Realistically I expect to achieve an A in Chemistry, although my confidence has been shaken slightly by WJEC's abysmal CH5 paper today, and a BC in my other subjects.

My question is whether or not Bath will still accept me if I miss out on my conditional offer and if so, is there any way I can influence their decision?

I plan on ringing them shortly after my final exam to ask if there is anything I can do between that day and results day to sway my chances.

Any comments appreciated!
Send them a check 2 weeks before results day- works every time
Reply 2
Original post by cuckoo99
Send them a check 2 weeks before results day- works every time

The thought of winning the lottery beforehand and doing exactly that has crossed my mind several times, just need to start buying lottery tickets!
Reply 3
It depends, they may still accept you if you miss your grades but then again they may not. Best to phone them if you don't meet your offer.
Original post by AJStone
The thought of winning the lottery beforehand and doing exactly that has crossed my mind several times, just need to start buying lottery tickets!

:biggrin: Whats your insurance offer like>?
Reply 5
:biggrin: Whats your insurance offer like>?

BC for Cardiff University, how it's so low I'll never know but I'm not complaining!
Original post by AJStone
Due to being an idle little **** for 90% of this year, I'm dubious as to whether or not I'm going to meet the ABB conditional offer to study Chemistry at the University of Bath.

My grades could be anywhere between ABB (highly doubtful) and BCC. Realistically I expect to achieve an A in Chemistry, although my confidence has been shaken slightly by WJEC's abysmal CH5 paper today, and a BC in my other subjects.

My question is whether or not Bath will still accept me if I miss out on my conditional offer and if so, is there any way I can influence their decision?

I plan on ringing them shortly after my final exam to ask if there is anything I can do between that day and results day to sway my chances.

Any comments appreciated!

There's quite a gap between what they asked and what you're predicting yourself, they porbably wont if you do get BCC and may if you get ABC, they will probably want to keep you as much as possible because it can be hard to find other people at short notice for the course, although Bath do enter clearing
Reply 7
Original post by fly.falcon
There's quite a gap between what they asked and what you're predicting yourself, they porbably wont if you do get BCC and may if you get ABC, they will probably want to keep you as much as possible because it can be hard to find other people at short notice for the course, although Bath do enter clearing

If I don't get an A in Chem I have no quarrel with being declined, it's just difficult to accept I may not be able to study at my chosen university because I didn't meet requirements (Physics and Biology) that don't necessarily dictate my ability whatsoever in my chosen subject!
Original post by AJStone
BC for Cardiff University, how it's so low I'll never know but I'm not complaining!

For Chemistry :O lucky ****er i have BBB for reading "_" my insurance is BDD though at Bangor :biggrin:
Reply 9
For Chemistry :O lucky ****er i have BBB for reading "_" my insurance is BDD though at Bangor :biggrin:

I think it's because I live close by and by the time I had submitted by UCAS application I had been to so many Cardiff open days the Chemistry staff and I were on a first name basis!

Also I'm Welsh and have the completely unjustified help the Welsh Baccalaureate brings to your application.

I had an interview for Reading but didn't end up attending once my Bath offer was in, good uni though!
Original post by AJStone
I think it's because I live close by and by the time I had submitted by UCAS application I had been to so many Cardiff open days the Chemistry staff and I were on a first name basis!

Also I'm Welsh and have the completely unjustified help the Welsh Baccalaureate brings to your application.

I had an interview for Reading but didn't end up attending once my Bath offer was in, good uni though!

Ah fair play good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest