anyone know how many Units you need to get D in inorder to get DDD or D*D*D*

Watch
randy_ortan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am going to be starting btec extended diploma level 3 (18 Units) in september and i have a few questions.

1) how many D's,M's and P's do i need in order to get DDD and also D*D*D*?
2) if i buy the btec business book in the summer and start doing the units and i hand them in when college starts will my teachers accept them?
3) also this course is 2 years if i complete it in 1 year will my teachers hold me back for the second year or will they let me apply for uni?
4) how does this course prepare you for uni, if you have done this course do you think it has helped prepare you for uni in any way?
Redundant
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In order to calculate your predicted grades use this website: http://www.speedking.eu/grade-calculator/.
ThisIsYourFace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1) Not too sure about this one, I think its around 13D's for DDD and 16D's for D*D*D*.

2) It's most likely that they will not take it simply because you don't know what the requirements are for each task (every teacher is different in terms of what they want and how they want it done in an assignment). The BTEC book doesn't give you a lot in terms of what is needed to achieve each task (only the basics). Most distinctions require you to do independent research.

3) I highly doubt you could complete a BTEC course in one year, as it requires a lot of time and effort to learn all 18 units in 1 year and doing a ton of assignments. Say for example you had 3 assignments in each unit. 18 x 3 = 54 assignments to do in one year. You would be physically and mentally drained. The BTEC Level 3 Extended diploma is equivalent to 3 A-Levels.

4) The BTEC course prepares you for university a lot. For my course (BTEC Applied science) it has helped me with the "working" aspect of it. I would be more prepared for work than people taking A-Levels as I know what type of equipment is used for a specific workplace etc. etc

As you are doing the Business BTEC it might change on how many assignments you are doing and what the content is.

Hope this helps x
Mcdermott
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by randy_ortan)
I am going to be starting btec extended diploma level 3 (18 Units) in september and i have a few questions.

1) how many D's,M's and P's do i need in order to get DDD and also D*D*D*?
2) if i buy the btec business book in the summer and start doing the units and i hand them in when college starts will my teachers accept them?
3) also this course is 2 years if i complete it in 1 year will my teachers hold me back for the second year or will they let me apply for uni?
4) how does this course prepare you for uni, if you have done this course do you think it has helped prepare you for uni in any way?
I can only relate to question 3) & 4) because I´ve completed a BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business in one year instead of two where I studied 16 units with 4 assignments per unit. It indeed required alot of time and effort and the rigour is perhaps reflected by the fact that only 2 or 3 students out of 20-30 who completed their diploma, finished with the equivalent grades to the ones that you aim for. However, quite alot of those students came from countries outside of the EU and therefore probably didn´t cope with the workload due to their less developed English. But I think you´ll be fine as I myself is an EU student who didnt particularly read that many English books before I started in England, and now I´m enrolling at a Russel Group institution in September . Therefore, I definitely think that students who attain high grades in BTEC courses will be well prepared for university, atleast with relevant skills in report/assignment writing, holding presentations and analytical thinking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (54)
15.43%
I'm not sure (9)
2.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
34.86%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.71%
I'm not a current university student (159)
45.43%

Watched Threads