6,500 words in 3 days! Is it possible...?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
CallMeBatwoman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just wrote 11,000 words in 3 days for bio 5 revision notes and practice essays (granted, the notes were a lot of copying), but if you plan right and know what you're writing it's more than possible.
tameimpala
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wrote 6000 words in 2 days for my dissertation and got a 1st. It's completely doable.
czechmishaout
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fingers crossed you make it Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yellow 03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks everyone, I am in awe of all those who wrote thousands of words in just a few hours or a couple of days. I guess I am having to learn that skill now pretty fast!

I am now 2,200 words down, and I have 4,300 more to go in the next 2 days and a bit. This suddenly seems possible, provided I manage to keep up the same pace.

Man, I hope this is the last thing I have to write for a while!
Mirzaghalib
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did 10,000 words in 6 days and got 65 so it is doable considering you probably have done the lit review and only the analysis is left.
Yellow 03
Rep:
?
Hi everyone,

I just thought I would report that, incredibly, I did make it in the end. I just handed in my dissertation a few hours ago, just a couple of minutes before the deadline. I am reasonably happy with it too. I hope I won't have to do that again though. My skin is blotchy, I have slept a total of 3 hours in the last two days and caffeine is running through my veins but hey, I handed in my dissertation!

Thanks for your encouraging comments they really made me stop questioning whether this was possible and crack on with it.
Toki_Premium
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yellow 03)
Hi everyone,

I just thought I would report that, incredibly, I did make it in the end. I just handed in my dissertation a few hours ago, just a couple of minutes before the deadline. I am reasonably happy with it too. I hope I won't have to do that again though. My skin is blotchy, I have slept a total of 3 hours in the last two days and caffeine is running through my veins but hey, I handed in my dissertation!

Thanks for your encouraging comments they really made me stop questioning whether this was possible and crack on with it.
Well done and enjoy being able to sleep soundly without the stress of the dissert.
Naomi_Jade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yellow 03)
I have to hand in a 16,500-word dissertation by 4.00 pm on Monday. I have done all the research and most of the reading and have written a good 10,000 words in the last month or so. But I am now exhausted and those last 6,500 seem impossible to manage in the next few days.

I have to return to my full-time work tomorrow and Thursday which leaves me with just 3 days and a few hours to basically write the entire 6,500 words, and I am in full fledged panic...

Has anyone done this? Do you think it is possible? And do you have any words of advice?

Thanks!!

Yes this is completely possible!

I had 4,500 words of my dissertation written the day before and I had another 5,500 words to do! I managed to do the 5,500 in a day starting at 10am and finishing at 1am with a few half hour breaks! And I just got my result I am graduating with a 2:1! It seems like a daunting task, but tell yourself you have to do it no matter how much you panic so you might as well get a calm head on and get on with it! Good luck!
Yellow 03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Naomi_Jade)
Yes this is completely possible!

I had 4,500 words of my dissertation written the day before and I had another 5,500 words to do! I managed to do the 5,500 in a day starting at 10am and finishing at 1am with a few half hour breaks! And I just got my result I am graduating with a 2:1! It seems like a daunting task, but tell yourself you have to do it no matter how much you panic so you might as well get a calm head on and get on with it! Good luck!

Hey, congratulations on your fresh 2:1

I actually managed to complete mine and handed it in on Monday when it was due. I ended up doing about 2500 words on the last day and it nearly killed me but I'm relieved it's behind me.

I hope I will get a decent grade too!
Arwa.akk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’d love to ask, what did you actually end up scoring? 😯
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (334)
34.54%
No (633)
65.46%

Watched Threads