The Student Room Group
University of York
York

2006 York Mathematicians!!

Tio all you guys and galls coming to York in 2006 to study maths, come here to say high, and to discuss what will be of our university experience!! Fill in the following:

Name: Tom Flow
Grades: Maths A, Phys A, RS A, F Maths B :frown:
City You Live: Norwich
Why You Chose York : seems friendly; loose college system
Do you know anyone at York? Friends siblings!!

See you all soon!!

Tom

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Name: Damian Posener
Grades: Maths A, Computing B, French B, Business Studies B
City: Brighton
Why York?: Clearing.
Know anyone?: Not yet...
University of York
York
Reply 2
Name: Agamemnon nonkululeku swahalibolo *clap*
Grades: ABC
City: London
Why: York is lovely, staff are friendly.
Know anyone: not yet...
Reply 3
Friendly staff? I've never encountered such a load of ***** in my life as the people in the Maths department.

Good luck.
Reply 4
They were lovely to me. Now the people at Kings....
x.narb.x
Friendly staff? I've never encountered such a load of ***** in my life as the people in the Maths department.

Good luck.

They always seemed really nice to me...even the scary woman who works in the office. Any in particular who you are speaking of here?
Reply 6
me, me, meee!
Grades: ABB :mad: (getting a remark in history)
City: London! :smile:
Why York: fantastic uni and lovely area
Know anyone: nope...but intend to meet all you people :biggrin:

Congrats everyone again!
Reply 7
Name: Andrew
Grades: AAA
Area You Live: West Midlands
Why You Chose York : nicest of the ones I went to
Do you know anyone at York? not yet...
Reply 8
Yo, gt thru a 'welcome package' frm the maths department this mornin'

did everyone else...it includes a delightfully interesting tome on 'learning mathematical formulae'

WOOOOOOO:argh: :afraid:

Reply 9
Yep, came through for me as well, along with the half a ton of welcoming material and forms to fill out. I'm gonna have loads of fun today...
Reply 10
Name: Richard O'Neill
Grades: Maths A, IT B, Economics C, Phys AS B, GS AS B, F. Maths AS D (haha, M2 22% :frown: - who can tell i didnt revise??)
City You Live: Leicester
Why You Chose York : seems friendly, loved it there, better than all the other unis I went to
Do you know anyone at York? Nope!

Pee emm me :tongue:
Reply 11
Dreaming
Name: Richard O'Neill
Grades: Maths A, IT B, Economics C, Phys AS B, GS AS B, F. Maths AS D (haha, M2 22% :frown: - who can tell i didnt revise??)
City You Live: Leicester
Why You Chose York : seems friendly, loved it there, better than all the other unis I went to
Do you know anyone at York? Nope!

Pee emm me :tongue:

It seems that the maths peeps hav only just gt thru their general application stuff, whilst other hav had it 4 a while....??
Reply 12
tommymcflow
It seems that the maths peeps hav only just gt thru their general application stuff, whilst other hav had it 4 a while....??

i got my accomodation application form on saturday. havent sent it back yet though. not sure if i have any mathsy stuff as i havent got that either.

found out i was into york the night before i got my results. dont know if thats any use to you :tongue:

Life is complex, there are real and imaginary parts :wink:
Reply 13
Dreaming

Life is complex, there are real and imaginary parts :wink:

Wow, lovin tht, gta use tht mor oftern in maths chat!!!
Reply 14
this is kinda late but yeah I got all the welcome stuff too...

whats up with this 'so called' test thing we get in the first week?! I'll probs be too hungover :p:
Reply 15
Judging from the wording of the letter it's there to make sure our A-level knowlege hasn't just flown out the window.
Reply 16
There are some formulae on the sheet I don't recognise from my edexcel syllabus. Will I just get left in a corner with a dunce hat *imagines this*.
Reply 17
Esquire
There are some formulae on the sheet I don't recognise from my edexcel syllabus. Will I just get left in a corner with a dunce hat *imagines this*.

I havent really looked at the formulae sheet that closely but dont worry because I did the edexcel syllabus too so that would make two of us with dunce hats *imagines*
Esquire

Yes you will. Didn't you read that bit of the prospectus? Every lecture theater and seminar room has a little dunces hat on a shelf near the corner for people to wear...I'm surprised you didn't see at least one (and maybe someone wearing one if you came for a visit :biggrin:
Reply 19
Roger Kirk
Yes you will. Didn't you read that bit of the prospectus? Every lecture theater and seminar room has a little dunces hat on a shelf near the corner for people to wear...I'm surprised you didn't see at least one (and maybe someone wearing one if you came for a visit :biggrin:

lol I'm feeling the pressure already...:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending