The Student Room Group

College - Is It Really Needed? Advice Please!

I have a college interview today, but I'm not going. Honestly, I never wanted to go to college, I was only going to go to make my parents happy. I live with my boyfriend and his parents now and I wanted to make them happy, my boyfriend supports my choice no matter what, and he said his parents will understand. I had a really hard time in high school and I just never wanted any further education after that. I never wanted to do college. My boyfriend suggested I continue doing volunteer work (I currently work at a charity shop on the till) and maybe eventually I'll be able to find voluntary work with animals. He suggested at the start of next year (I'll be 17 by then) I could try and put a desription of myself on a pet sitting website, I've had 2 dogs in my life, and I'm going to be getting another one later this year. I have experience with small animals also. I don't know, this is just ideas, but all I'm saying is, will people look down on me or not want to give me a job just because I didn't go to college? Please help ://
Why don't you do a vocational qualification like dog grooming or animal management if academics really isn't for you?
Reply 2
Whether you go to college or not is up to you, but having an education is a safety net for when things don't go right. Most desirable jobs require degrees, however you will find some that require GCSEs only

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending