The Student Room Group

Is it okay to go to a couple of University Open Days before starting A Levels?

I'm starting year 12 in September in Sixth Form and one of my teachers said it would be a good idea to visit Oxford and Cambridge this summer to see whether they are suitable for my liking due to them being different from your regular university. I understand that these open days will be targeted for students slightly older than me but would it still be helpful for myself if I went?
YES.

Its not just 'okay', its a very good idea! It will give you an idea of what 'going to Uni' is all about and provide you with some great motivation for A level study.

Just make sure you go to more than just Oxford and Cambridge - they are very 'different' Unis and you need something else a bit more mainstream to compare them to. Btw, you need to book a place at all Uni Open Days and you need to do it *early* as places go quickly.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
YES.

Its not just 'okay', its a very good idea! It will give you an idea of what 'going to Uni' is all about and provide you with some great motivation for A level study.

Just make sure you go to more than just Oxford and Cambridge - they are very 'different' Unis and you need something else a bit more mainstream to compare them to. Btw, you need to book a place at all Uni Open Days and you need to do it *early* as places go quickly.

Oh okay thanks! I'll make sure I will book the dates then.

Quick Reply

Latest