Desperate help needed!!! Watch

Ahmed2526
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
After receiving my AS-Level grades i was shocked at how low they were:

Biology-A, Ecnomics-B, Physics-B, Mathematics-C, Accounting-C

from these grades i'm guessing my predicted A-Level grades will be:

Biology-A, Ecnomics-A, Physics-A, Mathematics-B, Accounting-B

I want to apply to cambridge to study economics but i'm really doubting the chances of me even getting an interview. I have 10 A*'s at GCSE, and i meet the criteria for the cambridge special access scheme.

I really want to go to cambridge, but from the grades above there seems little point in applying.

What should i do?
CamSPSer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Try posting in the Are my AS/GCSE grades good enough for a start. You will probably get an interview with those grades, though obivously you will be at a disadvantage compared to those with AAAA+ but people with your grades can get in
HannahZ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You could try applying or alternatively, to give yourself a better chance you could plan a gap year an apply post A level. If you re-sit in January you can bring up your UMS marks to where you think they should have been. Or you could do both, apply this year and if not successful, take a gap year and try again next year on the basis of your A2 results.
misysvienna
Report 12 years ago
Hi, I applied for '06 with grades AABCC at AS and got an offer, so if you think you can bring them up I think you should still apply. There are more important things than grades

xx
Ahmed2526
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
kk thanks 4 the advice
vron
Report 12 years ago
My friend applied with AABD at AS level. He got an offer of AAB, he didn't make it, but the college STILL took him. I really think the most important thing is the interview, and maybe applying to a college that you know isn't one of the most competetive for places (Homerton/ Girton/ Newnham if you're a girl). Also, Oxbridge published a report saying they pay more attention to GCSE results than AS because they're (apparently) a better indication of degree peformance (I thought it was weird too, but they were emphatic about it). So, your 10A*s will help you loads!

APPLY!
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why don't you try applying Post-A2?
Nutter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by WokSz)
Why don't you try applying Post-A2?
Because he'd waste an entire year. Unless of course, he can come up with something constructive to invest his time in.

I'd recommend you to apply this year, then re-apply again next year with your confirmed A2 grades if you're unsuccessful during this cycle.

Good luck.
ChrisSPS
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by misysvienna)
Hi, I applied for '06 with grades AABCC at AS and got an offer, so if you think you can bring them up I think you should still apply. There are more important things than grades

xx
Which college and subject? I am a bit surprised!What subjects did u take in AS? Congrulations!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?