The Student Room Group

Are people conspiring against me?

Why do people single me out? What do I do that is different?

At school I was denied gfs. and people used to say **** like "I don't contribute"....sooooo....most younger guys just go to uni, be with their gf, get pissed on weekends, and laze around, what is contribution? and I doubt they say that to others...

why do people plot against me?

Scroll to see replies

You know what? I'm in exactly the same situation. Although it's kinda like 'oh, she's new. I hate her'. I don't think it's something that can be easily defined, it's just how people act. Maybe you're not 'their kind' of person, in a way, like here, I'm not 'their kind' of person. It sucks, really, but I've had 12 years to get used to it.
Shhhhh I shouldn't be saying this... But it's a world conspiracy against you.
Get help.
You are completely and utterly victimizing yourself here. Stop playing the victim and decide to step up to your ownership in life. What's happening here is you probably have beliefs below conscious surface, like "Everybody is out to get me". This is a completely unhelpful generalisation that, I'm guessing, isn't serving you at all.

You can sit about and moan and victimize yourself but what is that actually doing? Do you want to get out of this rut or not?

If anything is going to change...it's going to be you, because the world isn't going to magically realign itself to suit your desires and whims. If you want to live a fulfilling, empowered and inspired life then it starts with changing your response set in life, changing the way you "are" and the way you show up in the world. That's absolutely possible and it requires time, patience and sustained action. If you choose to do it then over time you will notice changes, and actually with sustained practice over time then progress is inevitable.

Do you want to show up in life differently, in a cool way where you're more empowered and less of a 'victim'? Or do you want to sit around moaning about how life is unfair and everybody's out to get you? The second might be more habitual for you right now but is it what you REALLY want? Or do you want things to change?

And who is going to change anything apart from you?

Anyway, if you're going to change this then be prepared to put some real time and effort in here. If you're lost at where you might be able to start with this, I recommend reading and applying the concepts and practices shared in the book "Change your thinking with CBT" by Dr Sarah Edelman. Helped me for sure.
(edited 9 years ago)
You were "denied" girlfriends? lol how exactly did that work?

Attachment not found
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Stony Owner
You are completely and utterly victimizing yourself here. Stop playing the victim and decide to step up to your ownership in life. What's happening here is you probably have beliefs below conscious surface, like "Everybody is out to get me". This is a completely unhelpful generalisation that, I'm guessing, isn't serving you at all.

You can sit about and moan and victimize yourself but what is that actually doing? Do you want to get out of this rut or not?

If anything is going to change...it's going to be you, because the world isn't going to magically realign itself to suit your desires and whims. If you want to live a fulfilling, empowered and inspired life then it starts with changing your response set in life, changing the way you "are" and the way you show up in the world. That's absolutely possible and it requires time, patience and sustained action. If you choose to do it then over time you will notice changes, and actually with sustained practice over time then progress is inevitable.

Do you want to show up in life differently, in a cool way where you're more empowered and less of a 'victim'? Or do you want to sit around moaning about how life is unfair and everybody's out to get you? The second might be more habitual for you right now but is it what you REALLY want? Or do you want things to change?

Anyway, if you're going to change this then be prepared to put some real time and effort in here. If you're lost at where you might be able to start with this, I recommend reading and applying the concepts and practices shared in the book "Change your thinking with CBT" by Dr Sarah Edelman. Helped me for sure.

Sorry, but that doesn't apply to teens...

if you'll tell me to "smile" or "be kind" then yeah, most teens are that...sorry dude, if you single me out lol..whatever only makes YOU look bad...
Reply 7
Original post by Genocidal
Get help.

What help? oh ok..lol...so most teens contribute and I'm denied the norms of UK teen life...got it lol..
Reply 8

I also know the world is unfair...

though I welcome you trying to speak to me like you're my mother...kindly don't do that...or learn some basic social skills....
Reply 9
Original post by LaughingKitsune
You know what? I'm in exactly the same situation. Although it's kinda like 'oh, she's new. I hate her'. I don't think it's something that can be easily defined, it's just how people act. Maybe you're not 'their kind' of person, in a way, like here, I'm not 'their kind' of person. It sucks, really, but I've had 12 years to get used to it.

er...OK...but then plenty of other people here aren't always nice....lulz...single out my behaviour at random will you lol..
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry, but that doesn't apply to teens...

if you'll tell me to "smile" or "be kind" then yeah, most teens are that...sorry dude, if you single me out lol..whatever only makes YOU look bad...

This isn't about whether this "applies" to you or not, it's about becoming aware of the choice you already have. If you want to sit about playing victim...GO AHEAD because that's a choice you can make. Would that serve you though? Know it's a choice and that you actually have other options available to you - for example, it's possible for you to empower yourself, to live a life of fulfillment and to choose to be an owner rather than a victim. To choose to be powerful and assertive and empower yourself and the people around you. This isn't about whether or not a concept "applies" to you, it's about whether YOU apply that concept in your own life or not. And that concept here is self-transformation.

"If you single me out" - I'm addressing my post to you because you made this thread. And it's not just you personally I'm recommending to step up in this way. I MYSELF am on a journey of self-transformation and self-development because I have CHOSEN to be on that journey. I chose to begin developing in this way because I was not getting the results I wanted out of life. Every day I am actively engaged in the process of self-change. The question is what choices you are going to make because that's what's actually relevant to this situation changing in the long term.

So you have choices: you can choose to spend your time sitting about playing victim and thinking about "how unfair life is". ONE of your other choices is to embark on a journey of self-transformation and to learn and practise new ways of being, thinking, responding and experiencing life. Sure that's only one possible choice out of almost infinite choices you could make, but be aware of the CHOICE you have if you want to live a life of empowerment and self-fulfillment.
(edited 9 years ago)
What do you mean "that doesn't apply to teens"? So YOUR personal decision to step up and change your life doesn't apply to YOU? It does if you make it apply to you. If you want to sit about moaning and playing victim...GO AHEAD because that's a choice you can make. Would that serve you though? Know it's a choice and that you actually have another option - an option to empower yourself, to live a life of fulfillment and to choose to be an owner rather than a victim. To choose to be powerful and assertive and empower yourself and the people around you. This isn't about whether or not a concept "applies" to you, it's about whether YOU apply that concept in your own life or not. And that concept here is self-transformation.

"If you single me out" - yes I am singling you out. WHY? Because you made this thread. Why would I address it to somebody else when I'm answering YOUR thread? And no, it's not just you I'm recommending to step up in this way. I MYSELF am on a journey of self-transformation and self-development because I have CHOSEN to be on that journey. I chose to begin developing in this way because I was not getting the results I wanted out of life. Every day I am actively engaged in the process of self-change. The question is what choices you are going to make because that's what's actually relevant to this situation changing in the long term.

er...OK...but then this PC stuff only applies to adults, not teens. If who I am offends others, then so be it.....if all others don't act that way, there is no reason I must...you'll say be kind...sorry dude, that merely makes psychology a fraud and unethical.

and I am "making changes", by identifying to get what others got. And?
Reply 12
most of us manage fine, if you can't then the problem is you.
What help? oh ok..lol...so most teens contribute and I'm denied the norms of UK teen life...got it lol..

Hello!
The things you seem to perceive as the 'norms' are not in fact things you receive simply by growing up. You have to work for pretty much whatever you want in life, even the things most people have, these 'norms'. In what way do you think people are conspiring against you? Why do you think this is, and what have you done to stop it?
Original post by lucaf
most of us manage fine, if you can't then the problem is you.

So I'm just getting what others got/have...and?

Besides your point was cryptic and didn't make sense...don't refer to me as if I'm your son....

and you'd cite "be nice to me!"...err..is there an overarching reason any human must be nice to another? you weren't to me, and we're strangers, so be it..
Original post by straight2hell
Hello!
The things you seem to perceive as the 'norms' are not in fact things you receive simply by growing up. You have to work for pretty much whatever you want in life, even the things most people have, these 'norms'. In what way do you think people are conspiring against you? Why do you think this is, and what have you done to stop it?

I don't believe that, I believe people obtain norms by default...

and conspiring as saying crap like "I don't contribute" without proof, and being given ****ty treatment by professionals like doctors...
It sounds like you expect everything you want in life to be handed to you on a plate.

There are such things as observation, strategy and perseverance you know. You think all of us just suddenly arrived in school and suddenly became the pack leader and got all the hot girls?
Why do people single me out? What do I do that is different?

At school I was denied gfs. and people used to say **** like "I don't contribute"....sooooo....most younger guys just go to uni, be with their gf, get pissed on weekends, and laze around, what is contribution? and I doubt they say that to others...

why do people plot against me?

Judging by your attitude towards people spending so much time trying to help you on this thread.... I'd say the problem is probably not "other people".

When you see everyone is going the wrong way, it may be time to double check if you are really not the one going the wrong way.
Reply 18
So I'm just getting what others got/have...and?

Besides your point was cryptic and didn't make sense...don't refer to me as if I'm your son....

and you'd cite "be nice to me!"...err..is there an overarching reason any human must be nice to another? you weren't to me, and we're strangers, so be it..

I am saying that the world doesn't owe you anything. If the rest of us can get girlfriends and things and you can't, you must be doing something wrong
Original post by lucaf
I am saying that the world doesn't owe you anything. If the rest of us can get girlfriends and things and you can't, you must be doing something wrong

I know...duh..This is why I am seeking what all others got.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending