Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for 3 self catering, d+r ensuite, r+g and dale, yet im offered d+r catered, which is an extra 400 a year, with 6 less weeks. This is ridiculous, ive applied for self catering for a reason, i only eat what i or my mum makes, lol. And i might wanna stay during certain hols. But i wouldnt be able to with this offer. Anyone any idea what i can do about this. I thought they could guarantee one of ur choices, plz help.

ReputationRep:
    On Monday phone up. someone is bound to have rejected one you may be interested in.

ReputationRep:
    cool, wondering also. Do they give any preference to people who were completely screwed over by there room offer, as my offer was opposite of what i wanted, or is it more first come first serve?

ReputationRep:
    hi im in exactly the same boat as u and didnt get offered any of my 3 choices and my mum and I are horrified and very worried now at this late stage. i rejected the offer. all my choices were SC so i have no idea why dey offered my catered. all my friends got their 1st n 2nd choices for liverpool. i think its somethin to do wit how early u applied months ago. so i have no idea wot to do now and ive been on the fone to them for hours and not gotten very far. im sure it will work out somehow! good luck! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Ive been told to wait a week and see if anything comes up but that could be risky. Ive not rejected my room yet but instead im organising a day to see the room asap. Does anyone have any idea what kitchen facilities are like in catered accommodation? My room would be F78. Keep us posted how on whether you get the room you want, and good luck to yourself in finding self catered!

ReputationRep:
    hey

i've read loads of ppl in this situation, i was thinking of just not going all together but i've started looking at private accommodation...at first i was thinking no, but looking at it, they're much nicer than the uni stuff, still £20 cheaper than the cheapest catered accommodation and have pools and sauna stuff...here's a link to opal court - it's right nr the uni so u wont have t get the bus t uni and it works out at about £74 a week (thats with ensuite)

http://www.opal-group.com/pages/newtonhall.htm

this one is newton hall but opal hall is also under the lpool section

good luck

ReputationRep:
    Just a note about cooking facilities in catered halls: It really depends on where you are. Most catered halls have one kitchen per floor (and there's a helluva lot of people on each floor), which has two-four hobs, a microwave and that's about it. Some places are lucky enough to have an oven, but otherwise I would make friends with people in the self-catered halls very fast so you can pay them a visit

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me last year, I applied for all self catering and got catered...so I went for the private accomodation option and have to say that I don't regret it.

I am living in opal court this coming year, it is a lovely place

ReputationRep:
    potspansamy...

do you mind me asking where you stayed in ur first yr?

i hear that not many first years stay in these opal homes...like great newton hall has about 30 first yrs so far

ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_wells)
    potspansamy...

do you mind me asking where you stayed in ur first yr?
    I stayed in Capital Gate which is one of the unite student accomdations, which is another student accomodation company in liverpool

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.