The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey :smile: i'm goin to notts too :biggrin: anyone doing architecture???
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
me me meee!!!!!!!!!!
:smile:
Reply 62
Rich*a
As it says (or should do) below.. I'm doing B.A. Law with French.. There seems to be quite a few studying Law but i'm yet to come across anyone on my course! Tres excited though! xx

That's because there are 6 of you in the whole year. Get ready to tell all your law tutors that 'no, I'm not familiar with that remedy because I don't do Tort'.

I was doing that last year but have now decided to quit French and switch to LLB, because I got really fed up with French grammar. I'm so bad at it, in fact, that I'm resitting the module tomorrow.
Reply 63
TheVlad
That's because there are 6 of you in the whole year. Get ready to tell all your law tutors that 'no, I'm not familiar with that remedy because I don't do Tort'.

I was doing that last year but have now decided to quit French and switch to LLB, because I got really fed up with French grammar. I'm so bad at it, in fact, that I'm resitting the module tomorrow.

well good luck, and don't fail, cos if you do - bang goes your unlimited supply of free condoms.
Reply 64
little_emily

First i was in Sattahip in Chonburi then in Bangkok for a few days, mostly went to temples and things, but also on a boat trip, which was good. It's a nice city, lively and interesting.

-Emily

Wow that's cool, yea it is lively (for new ppl) for me it gets a bit tedious though, theres only so many things u can do, but partying in BKK is fun, next time you come let me know ill take you out.
Alex has his priorities right... buh anyway, good luck Vlad son you have been saying its easy and I am sure you will do fine!
Reply 66
little_emily
Hey People!

I'm coming to Notts too, to do Law to be specific. Really looking forward to it, have a look at the week one website, looks like it will really rock!

Bobbycool:
U sed u are interested in rock music, u should have a look at the Rock City website, a place in notts that plays rock music and holds gigs and stuff (http://www.rock-city.co.uk/) looks really good. I was in Thailand last yr btw, at a scout jamboree, and i went to Bangkok as well, was really cool.

Joey12:
I'm doing Law as well, ill probably see u at some point, AND im from Essex as well, i'm just waiting for all those 'essex girls' jokes when i get there! lol. Where abouts in Essex do u live?

-Emily

Heya Emily! Yay you're doing law, how cool! Oh you get used to the essex girl jokes, im quite attached to them now lol. Just remember to bring ur white stilletos and dance around ur handbag in ocean and ul be just fine! I live in chelmsford, what about you??

love Jo
Reply 67
.jen.
ooo i'm doing management with french! :biggrin: :five:

Exciting stuff! Guess i'll be seeing you in French lectures then?! :biggrin:
Reply 68
TheVlad

Hmm.. It doesn't sound too promising! Does the 6 include international students? i have a feeling the course was really very undersubscribed this year as i missed the grades by a long way and had a terrible LNAT score yet they still took me! Oh, and the course was in Ucas Extra! 'Nuff said methinks!
hi everyone, I will be doing management at nottingham in sept and after a little persuasion got cripps

I also live in essex although i would hope i wont get any essex girl jokes:biggrin: dont worry girls its a compliment

What everyone into music, sport etc?
nicholsonrowell
hi everyone, I will be doing management at nottingham in sept and after a little persuasion got cripps

I also live in essex although i would hope i wont get any essex girl jokes:biggrin: dont worry girls its a compliment

another management person, check out the management crew thread. already more than 20 people here doin it on this forum haha.
Reply 71
Multiplexed
another management person, check out the management crew thread. already more than 20 people here doin it on this forum haha.

Half the uni seems to be doing management:biggrin: , the lectures must be huge
MAKATTACK
Half the uni seems to be doing management:biggrin: , the lectures must be huge

Yeah it was huge. It looked cool too. I liked the entrance to it.
Reply 73
nicholsonrowell

By the way, what type of accomodation did u get (shared, en-suite, etc) and when did u apply. They offered me St. Peters Court but i'm trying to get catered.
Hey Jo,

I'm from Rochford, which is near Rayleigh, (and Southend, however i dont tend to say that i live near Southend very much, as it increases the amount of Essex girl jokes. lol).
How come u are transfering to law?
Does that mean ull be in halls then?

-Emily
Reply 75
Rich*a
Hmm.. It doesn't sound too promising! Does the 6 include international students? i have a feeling the course was really very undersubscribed this year as i missed the grades by a long way and had a terrible LNAT score yet they still took me! Oh, and the course was in Ucas Extra! 'Nuff said methinks!

Didn't have any international students last year, don't think they go for that degree. I think the course is generally quite undersubscribed as it was on cleaqring last year too. Hey, you might like it, loads of people say that the French bit pushes up their grades. For me, it was the other way round, cause I couldn't concentrate on the thing I really enjoy, law.

If you don't like it, you can switch to straight law in the first couple of weeks with no problems.
Anyone starting Ancient History at Nottingham this year?
I'm going in to 2nd year AH, 1st year is actually really easy! If you need any 1st year books too, let me know.
Reply 78
Hi - I am coming to Nottingham in September - studying History and German!
Will be living in Ancaster Hall and I also come from Essex (Chelmsford!)
Reply 79
Hey..............yh coming to do economics n stayin at hugh stewart hall.........can't wait!

Latest

Trending

Trending