More US visa help Watch

Monty24
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi all,

I've got my official letter of unconditional acceptance from my dept at Oxford, and it gives details of the course (taught master's) and its duration. What it doesn't give is the number of hours per week of organized study that will be required. Has anyone gotten a visa without that info? I have everything else.

Thanks for your help!
shady lane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ooh that's strange...mine from LSE definitely said 21 hrs per week.
I see you're from NY, you'll be going to the same consulate as I did. They're really rude and I'm not sure they'll let you get away with that. Call Oxford and get them to send you a new one. Otherwise they can either reject you or they can give you a stamp forbidding you from doing any part-time work.
MayRose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hey, I just got my student visa. My uni letter didn't have a number of hours per week either.....I just put 15 on my application since that's the minimum (don't know how much it'll actually be!) I got my visa with no probs...as long as you're on a full-time course, it'll be fine! No need to get a new letter or anything like that.
Monty24
Thanks very much to both of you. I think I'll go ahead and apply with what I have--I'm anxious to get this over with, having waited a month and a half for my last loan to be approved! Fingers crossed...
nero44
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
totally agree to mayrose. got my visa without any visa letter. I just brought my registration letter and proof that I'll be able to cover all costs.
Told them that I may stay a little longer and now I got a visa for 1,5 years.
Monty24
Speaking of costs, when they say you need an estimation of the costs of your studies, do they mean charges for the course only, or an estimate of living expenses too? The only place I can find a clear estimate of living expenses is on the Oxford prospectus website--would it do to just print that out and include it with the application?
nero44
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Monty24)
Speaking of costs, when they say you need an estimation of the costs of your studies, do they mean charges for the course only, or an estimate of living expenses too? The only place I can find a clear estimate of living expenses is on the Oxford prospectus website--would it do to just print that out and include it with the application?
I just printed out a page from the prospectus and highlighted the line which said "A postgrad student should ....[].... around 10,000 to 12,000 pounds a year" That worked fine for me.

The tuition fee they got from my offer letter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?