The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

How different is second year to first?

I'm studying English Literature in Aber, and have just finished my first year. I'm kind of worried about next year, because the marks actually count and everything :P But is the work itself much harder? Can anyone give me any general studying advice? Thanks in advance, would help a lot!
Original post by glassoniongirl64
I'm studying English Literature in Aber, and have just finished my first year. I'm kind of worried about next year, because the marks actually count and everything :P But is the work itself much harder? Can anyone give me any general studying advice? Thanks in advance, would help a lot!

Hi glassoniongirl64,

Sorry about the late reply :smile:

I really wouldn't worry about 2nd year too much. Lots of people begin to feel the same way so you're not alone :smile: In my experience it is much the same as your fist year, apart from the fact that you will get a bit more work to do and you will be asked more detail - but the support network is there for you :smile:.

Have a look here: http://courses.aber.ac.uk/undergraduate/english-literature-degree/?accordion=coursecontent and click on year 2. You'll see the core, and a few option modules. If you want to be prepared, perhaps you could do some research into these modules, buy some reading and get in touch with the department. They will be able to tell you and help with your concerns... their email is: [email protected]

Anyways, I hope that helps you a little bit. Get in touch if you need anything else :smile:

Cheers,
James
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Quick Reply

Latest