The Student Room Group

Want to delay my period and use norethisterone

Hey, just looking for some advice from someone who has experience with norethisterone or anyone else really :smile: btw I'm 20.

I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and my period is due to start half way through ugh. I've researched some medication called norethisterone that apparently you take three times a day and it completely delays it until you stop taking it. How do you get it? Would I have to see the doctor and get a prescription or could I just buy it somewhere? Seeing a doctor would be slightly embarrassing but if there's no other way then I would have to.

Would the doctor happily prescribe it to me if I explain I'm going on holiday? Also do you know how expensive it is? I'd like to get a week's worth of use ideally. Yeah I hope there's no side effects as well haha.

Thanks.
Hello!
If it's no rethisterone, which histerone is it?
Thanks.
I've taken it before, for my duke of Edinburgh :smile: you'll have to see your doctor or go to a sexual health clinic but they will have no issues prescribing it to you if you are fit and well (they might need to measure your blood pressure).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I took it for holiday but just be careful as it had some horrible side effects!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I took it when I went on holiday a few years ago. I just asked my GP and he gave me a prescription for a fortnight's worth (no blood pressure or any other checks). I can't remember having any side effects whilst taking it but my period was heavier than normal when it arrived and I had a lighter one two weeks later. I think you can buy it from Boots but I'd imagine its quite pricey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
If you get it prescribed by the doctor it should be free if you're in full time education.

Quick Reply

Latest