alexistoocool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am compiling a list of Colleges/Universities that offer Foundation Diplomas in Art and Design for myself and other art students at my school. So could you recommend foundation diplomas all over Britain especially ones that may have been over looked.

if you just leave a link to their site and/or offer advice that would be great, Thanks!!
RoryS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alexistoocool)
I am compiling a list of Colleges/Universities that offer Foundation Diplomas in Art and Design for myself and other art students at my school. So could you recommend foundation diplomas all over Britain especially ones that may have been over looked.

if you just leave a link to their site and/or offer advice that would be great, Thanks!!
UAL (University of the Arts London) is one option, foundations are offered in different fields at Central Saint Martins, Camberwell College of Arts and the London College of Communication (where I'm going next academic year)

Hopefully this link works to take you to search field of foundations available.

Good luck with the compiling!
contradicta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Here's some uni's that offer the diploma that I have found in my search, these are not all I have found only the ones I decided were worth bookmarking:

UAL (as mentioned above)
Working Mens College http://www.wmcollege.ac.uk/pages/art...n-diploma.aspx
Kingston http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...is-course.html
Oxford Brookes
Univeristy for the Creative Arts
Ravensbourne
Arts University Bournemouth
eboyes94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did mine at demontfort uni in Leicester which was pretty good; but I would suggest thinking about where you want to do your main degree after your foundation as if a uni does both a degree you want and the foundation then it can help you substantially. This is because the foundation staff usually do a deal with the degree arts department where they allow students from the foundation course get onto their degree much more easily. At dmu they had a more casual interview where you showcase your work, rather that them fully analysing a complete portfolio.

I'm now going onto a graphic design degree at Loughborough uni (they also do a foundation) and they had 100 spaces for this course. They said 40 of these spaces had been guaranteed to their own foundation students and the other 60 places were given to those who presented well in their interview. They interviewed around 500 for the remaining 60 places.

Hope this helps
Bradford College
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can study a a foundation year in Arts & Design in our long established School of Arts & Media.

Your foundation year would lead on to three year, full-time BA (Hons) degrees that include Animation, Film, Graphic Media Design, Interior Design, Media Make-up with Special Effects, Photography, Surface Design and Textile Innovation, and Visual Arts.

You can also opt to study two, full-time HNDs in Music, Performing Arts and Product Design.
sceneway
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cool! My daughter is also going to attend Loughborough U for Graphic Communication and Illustration in Sept 2014. She did not do the foundation but took the IB exam in HK and got the grades required for the course. Michael
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads