Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right well, i was just wondering what ID clubs etc tend to accept, would a photocopy of my passport be acceptable as there is no way im taking my real one out with me in case it gets lost! dont want to get there and be turned away tho....the amount they ID ppl is getting ridiculous tho, i know someone who is 28 and looks 28 and got IDed when they went out the other day....do the bars not want our business? so anyways yeh, do u think a photocopy would be ok?

i doubt it because it would be easy to fake

ReputationRep:
    I just take my driving license, its got my age on and a pic. Also really easy to carry and less likely to lose it in me purse.

ReputationRep:
    Most if not all places won't accept a photocopy. They are too easy to fake and change the date on. You can easily photocopy/scan a passport carefully change the date and then take a copy out with a new date on it.

Places will want to see an original driving licence (photocard part) or passport. Some places accept the various 'proof of age' cards that are around, personally I have never bothered to get one of these as I have seen so many people still turned away by places which only accept passport or driving licence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_clark)
    i know someone who is 28 and looks 28 and got IDed when they went out the other day....do the bars not want our business?
    the problem is if there is someone underage who looks older and they get let in with no questions asked, then if the bar/club gets caught letting underage people in, they can get a huge fine and possibly lose their licence. The owners don't want to risk their livelihood for one mistake.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just get a license if I were you, and I was in this position a few weeks ago. I sent mine off on the Friday, and I got it back on the Thursday. Doesn't take long at all - really really doubt many places will take photocopies i'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    don't take a passport photocopy, it's just asking for trouble as they are easy to fake. there is a slight chance that one of those combined with perhaps an nus card and validate... both of wihch being dodgy choices for ID anyway, that you might get in. play it safe and take an old passport or driving license.

ReputationRep:
    Roll on ID cards.

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.