need help! entrance to oxbridge Watch

welsh student
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hey folks! i was wondering exactly what you need to be accepted into ocford for law? in the prospectus it wants 3 A's at A level but when you look at people who go there it doesn't seem to be the case.

so what do u reckon people need to go to oxbridge at A level?

also if i gained 280 UMS at AS Law then does that mean i only need 200 out of 300 (a C i think) at A2 to gain an A overall?

really need your help!
alispam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well yes 280 at AS would leave you needing 200 at A2. i think most ox law people do have 3A's (although there are exceptions). although law do cut more people out before interview than other subjects (bar medicine) as long as your AS's aren't completely rubbish and you have good GCSEs and some wk experience etc. the interview is more important. hence if you can get to interview that will play more of a role than in other subjects perhaps, oh and don't forget the all important LNAT, a high mark in that will compensate for low alevels and equally a low mark could rule you out even if you have straight A's.
Dark and Lovely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You need a v. gd academic background avec good references and most people who go to oxbridge have at least 3 As especially for competitive courses.

Also yup you only need 200 UMS to get an A overall in Law next year as it's 480/600 for an A.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (10)
37.04%
No (17)
62.96%

Watched Threads