EDEXCEL Unit 5 Physics Discussions - IAL onlyWatch
here are the ones that stumped me:
1. for MCQ what did you pick for the dark energy question? dark energy is increasing the rate of universe expansion, therefore the universe is OPEN or INFINITE in size? I picked infinite in size.
2. most clueless question was probably the saturn ring question. what did you guys write?
3. how did you explain the one on why pressure increased upon impact with ground in terms of momentum
4. for energy lost from impact of ground did you get 0.6J?
5. was the new energy 299K (of the ball after impact with ground)
6. why wasn't there any questions on SHM....
7. property of the fission core's shield is needs to block out EM radiation and it is servenral meters of concrete...........is that right....
8. did you get smth like 21 days (or was it hours...) for time for saturn's rocks to rotate?
this paper is PACKED with calculations...seriously. but did you find it hard?
2. Doppler shift of side x moving away from us
3. Temperature increases as molecules get kinetic energy from ball, molecules have more momentum, greater impulse when colliding with walls of container, increases pressure.
4. Got the same answer
5. Same, got 299k
8. Yep got 21.1 hours
I chose none of the energies.
yah i chose that too....but i think they are wrong...the total energy should be constant right?and for the first mcq what did you chose?person's position?
What did you get exactly here?
in that question we had to find the mass of a planet, did you need the given mass?for me the given mass got crossed out in both questions.
Why alpha particle gained most of the energy?
i wrote as the alpha particle has a small mass it was emitted with more speed than lead nucleus to conserve the momentum, so it had more energy. i don't know if the answer is correct but some of my friends wrote the same thing.
i meant tell me how you did it for the first one and the following part which asked for the difference?