Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Personally i like Starbucks although is a little smokey at times.

ReputationRep:
    Very nice. Mocha in Russian means "piss" apparently.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer my expensive coffee manchine, you are less likely to find traces of urine in it than at coffee 'houses'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    I fancy a slice of cak with espresso or goldblend...Hate decaff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I prefer my expensive coffee manchine, you are less likely to find traces of urine in it than at coffee 'houses'.
    That'd be the Mocha then.

ReputationRep:
    Did u have to say that? Just about wet the keyboard with coffee...*laughs* :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    That'd be the Mocha then.
    I've heard in Starbucks they stick very closely to the original Russian recipe, which, as you say, only has one ingredient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Did u have to say that? Just about wet the keyboard with coffee...*laughs* :eek:
    Ahh, but was your coffee your own or from a coffee 'house'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I hope that's a typo or starbucks will be sueing.
    It's a deliberate typo.....*giggles*feel like spelling c***ly tonight...

ReputationRep:
    Certainly mine..Can't trust anyone these days...particularly with my drinks..

ReputationRep:
    What? Like you own your own coffee bean tree, with the prerequisite South American slave?

ReputationRep:
    STarbucks? You mean where you can't find a table (and then have to stack everyone else's cups up anyway) and coversation is always interrupted by the flipping coffee bean grinder? NO THANK YOU. I like a bit of civility - and £3 extra in my purse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    What? Like you own your own coffee bean tree, with the prerequisite South American slave?
    Yes, don't we all have them? Mine's called Umbungwe; the slave, not the tree.

ReputationRep:
    All the ones I've been in have been no better than, say, Littlewoods cafe. And more expensive. And the coffee isn't actually that nice.... IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I hope that's a typo or starbucks will be sueing.
    Does cak mean what i think it means??

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but only if you think it means excrement.
    Yes..eaxactly what i think.... But i have a Russian friend which always says it doesn't mean that... :confused: unless she's extremely polite..

ReputationRep:
    If mocha means urine in Russian, perhaps cak means tea?
    However, she always has a naughty glint in her eyes....

ReputationRep:
    eh coffee!.....i hate coffee!.......and wheres the "i don't like coffee" option on the poll???

ReputationRep:
    I don't like coffee either. But I do like the the caramel cream frappacino things Starbucks do. It's always been comfortably (sofas!) and quiet in the ones I've been to as well. There's usually 3 to choose from in most cities anyway! I'm sure one will be quiet.

Ones I've been to have always had the signs up saying "To ensure our coffee remains at the highest quality please refrain from smoking" or similar. No smoke! Or did you mean something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I don't like coffee either. But I do like the the caramel cream frappacino things Starbucks do. It's always been comfortably (sofas!) and quiet in the ones I've been to as well. There's usually 3 to choose from in most cities anyway! I'm sure one will be quiet.

Ones I've been to have always had the signs up saying "To ensure our coffee remains at the highest quality please refrain from smoking" or similar. No smoke! Or did you mean something else?
    wow, ive never been in a starbucks, but i think i will now...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.