Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i heard that alot of people from my old college got Ds and Es and got into Essex , anyone have or known pepople that got into Essex ith grades like this ,
    im really hoping to go uni as i live on other side of Essex , and Colchester is nicy area then Romford

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the course. If you get D's and E's you are usually required to do a foundation year before going onto the first year with certain courses...

YOu couldn't get into to Essex to do law, politics, economics with D's ad E's... and some other course like psychology, or sociology.

ReputationRep:
    how long was foundation course for a year?

ReputationRep:
    yeah. a foundation year is a year long.. the only people i know who did foundation years were people who got in on D's and E's.. and like i say.. it's only on certain courses that offer it.

ReputationRep:
    im hoing to do accounts , they must do founation course for that lol

ReputationRep:
    i'm not sure about that... it says it's average offer is BB.. are you trying to get in for this years intake? cos i can't see any accounting and finance clearing vacancies on the website

ReputationRep:
    Thorpe I don't mean to be rude, but I would be a bit careful about assuming that any university is easy to get into. I did the same thing as you assuming one university was easy to get into just because I had the grades, however they rejected me because I wasn't what they were looking for.

Just because you have the grades or you have heard rumours doesn't mean you wil get into the uni.

As for Essex I thing they are very underestimated and for some courses you need to have very good grades to even be considered a place.

ReputationRep:
    i completely agree. Essex is totally under-estimated. Just because it is in Essex people do assume it's easy to into.. which as you rightly point out is not for a great number of courses.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.