Cezarion
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello
I am about to start my PhD studies at Imperial in October, so I started looking for the accommodation at least for the first year.
Could you please tell me what is the best way to find single room at reasonable price (e.g. in a shared flat with other students, 150 pw at most) Where and when ideally should I start looking for accommodation?
I was advised to check GradPad (too expensive) and Imperial Home Solutions (seems a nice option, but can anybody say more about this?) as well as to give an ad on Spare Room.

Cezarion
ihavemooedtoday
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
From what I read, the most important thing is to never book a room without seeing it in person (or at least have someone you trust see it in person).

There are many scammers out there, and in many cases the rooms don't look anywhere like the pictures. Many of the pictures were taken decades ago when the building was built, etc.

If you want to do that you'll probably want to head over to London very soon, since most places would be booked very soon if not already (gradpad is all fully booked already for example).

I ended up just going with GradPad since I know I won't have time to go to London before the course starts, and the cost of an extra trip would pay for the difference in rent with GradPad anyways.
IC12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello Everybody,

I am a 25 year old English guy, who is currently studying a PhD at Imperial. I currently have a room in my flat available from the start of August (later start could be organised). It's a double bedroom in a 2 bed 2 bathroom flat. I study in South Kensington campus and that flat is in Zone 2, around 35 minutes travel from Uni. The flat is about 100m from the central line tube station in North Acton. Message me if you are interested. I'm currently asking £700/month including all bills.

Ian
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (468)
66.86%
No (232)
33.14%

Watched Threads