Cheap independent cinemas in London?

Watch this thread
redferry
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just moved here from Leeds, where we used to go to Hyde Park picture house once or twice a week, I'm hoping to find a similar independent cinema here that won't break the bank!!
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by redferry)
Just moved here from Leeds, where we used to go to Hyde Park picture house once or twice a week, I'm hoping to find a similar independent cinema here that won't break the bank!!
what part of london are you looking in?
redferry
Rep:
(Original post by jelly1000)
what part of london are you looking in?
I live in Lewisham but I'd take central because its not hard to get to.

I think the nearest one to me is in Greenwich but I imagine that can only be very expensive.
jelly1000
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I live in Lewisham but I'd take central because its not hard to get to.

I think the nearest one to me is in Greenwich but I imagine that can only be very expensive.
afraid I'm not familiar with that bit of London and central london is certainly the most expensive part for the cinema! However this has a list of some of them by area http://www.independentcinemaoffice.o...cinemas/london My experience though is that the independent ones tend to be more expensive than the mainstream unless you become a member, its easier to go to normal ones and use Orange Wed or if you become a Vue member (at no cost) you can get discounts on Tuesdays
Hal.E.Lujah
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ooooo I know loads. The Screen on the Green is a really nice one, in Islington. Also the Screen on the Hill in Belsize park, but that's pricier.

Depends where you're based in London to be honest

Edit: Ah just seen, Lewisham. Deptford Film Club maybe? Depends what you're looking to see. I saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas there once upon a time :moon:
redferry
Rep:
afraid I'm not familiar with that bit of London and central london is certainly the most expensive part for the cinema! However this has a list of some of them by area http://www.independentcinemaoffice.o...cinemas/london
Thanks! Looks like there's one in Peckham that costs a fiver, that really easy to get to for us ^_^
jelly1000
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks! Looks like there's one in Peckham that costs a fiver, that really easy to get to for us ^_^
glad I could help!
redferry
Rep:
(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
Ooooo I know loads. The Screen on the Green is a really nice one, in Islington. Also the Screen on the Hill in Belsize park, but that's pricier.

Edit: Ah just seen, Lewisham. Deptford Film Club maybe? Depends what you're looking to see.

Deptford film club sounds awesome, will definiteley have to keep my eye out for that!

Any films that aren't blockbusters mainly. We used to go and see nearly every film that was screened at our local cinema. I love small British films in particular but will watch pretty much anything. I think the only two films I didn't enjoy in the last 12 months were Only God Forgives and maybe Upstream Colour. Well, I wouldn't suggest I didn't enjoy upstream colour, more I was left with no Idea how to feel about it and still haven't made my mind up.

Its rare a film comes out that we go 'we have to see that' its more look what's on and go see it if its got a decent review. Was sad to miss Jimmy's Hall though, love Ken Loach.
redferry
Rep:
glad I could help!
Rpthanks! Looks like there's a few film clubs round me as well
DebkoX
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If you can reach East London (Close to Lewisham, pop on the DLR!)
I suggest 'Genesis' in Whitechapel/Mile End. My friend took me there the other day, its clean, nice and a good atmosphere!
Sandtrooper
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)

Edit: Ah just seen, Lewisham. Deptford Film Club maybe? Depends what you're looking to see. I saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas there once upon a time :moon:
I really want to see Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas . . . I'm a huge Terry Gilliam fan. Is it good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hal.E.Lujah
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
I really want to see Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas . . . I'm a huge Terry Gilliam fan. Is it good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's iconic

If you can see it in a cinema then do... it's a bit of a trip.

The fun part is if you don't like it then at least the music is good. :awesome:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads