The Student Room Group

Provisional/agreed grade for module

Earlier this week I received a provisional grade for one of my university modules and it was 63% (essay 59% and presentation 73%).

However, I have just checked again and it has been changed to an agreed module grade of 67%, the essay was increased to 64%

I'm confused, what possible reason could there be for this change:confused: How does the marking process normally take place, could the change be due to a second marker...
:bump:
All modules for your year are meant to be as hard as each other (so there is no 'easy' module), so they have to change the marks around to make all the modules a standard difficulty.

So people may have found this module harder than other modules, so to standardise it they need to raise the marks.

Hope this makes some sort of sense!
Original post by rayquaza17
All modules for your year are meant to be as hard as each other (so there is no 'easy' module), so they have to change the marks around to make all the modules a standard difficulty.

So people may have found this module harder than other modules, so to standardise it they need to raise the marks.

Hope this makes some sort of sense!

Ohh ok, I didn't realise universities mark coursework like this.

Quick Reply

Latest