Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    He has also made a will leaving most of his vast fortune to charity. His children will still be multi-millionaires though.
    You can just see the glint in the charities' eyes as they turn up for BG's funeral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    i dont know about the tax in ameraical but imageing how much the government would get from bill gates lol take 405 of his money lolol
    Hmmm. Don't you believe it. I probably pay more tax than Bill. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    He never was the richest person. The Sultan of Brunei was I thought?
    I thought that he used to be the richest person, but the sultan of brunei surpassed him. Maybe it's changed again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I thought that he used to be the richest person, but the sultan of brunei surpassed him. Maybe it's changed again.
    BG used to be the richest. Now it is the IKEA owner. Due to theDollar being worth less now .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Bill Gates and his wife have also given BILLIONS to charity.
    Seriously? I never knew that, I thought he was a greedy ****. Stories from the paper and media[/b] in order to create a certain stigma and public perception about BG. This sells papers and makes money.

(Original post by Gimp)
    Bill Gates and his wife have also given BILLIONS to charity.
    Yeah they also provide the finance for research projects into medical health. Whatever’s said about him I don’t think you can call him tight with his money? Just a good businessman I guess.

If I had that money it would be time to retire and making sure everyone close to me was secure. Otherwise I wouldn't want it, OR the publicity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    BG used to be the richest. Now it is the IKEA owner. Due to theDollar being worth less now .
    I thought the IKEA owner was only the richest person in the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Either way I'd like to get them both drunk as skunks before playing no limit poker with them.
    As long as its not strip poker.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Either way I'd like to get them both drunk as skunks before playing no limit poker with them.
    They'd have to be REALLY drunk so I could fool them betting with monopoly money because thats the only way I could have a decent stake to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    I thought the IKEA owner was only the richest person in the EU.
    I was sure that BG was richer than him. however I thought that the Sultan Of brunei was the richest in the world. I'm probably wrong...

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be a good idea for Bill Gates to have a mobile ECG attached to his heart which is linked up with his lawyer's office.

When his heart goes into defibrilation, a message could be sent to his lawyer directing him to transfer all funds to his next of kin. A signed agreement beforehand could be designed for any problems.

This way, before he can be pronounced dead by a doctor, his money will be in the hands of his children/wife so they can avoid inheritance tax. An idea worth sending off to Mr. Gates I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mxx)
    Yeah they also provide the finance for research projects into medical health. Whatever’s said about him I don’t think you can call him tight with his money? Just a good businessman I guess.

If I had that money it would be time to retire and making sure everyone close to me was secure. Otherwise I wouldn't want it, OR the publicity.
    I'm pretty sure he signed a contract with Ms, so taht he was the Chairman Emeritus. (sp)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I was sure that BG was richer than him. however I thought that the Sultan Of brunei was the richest in the world. I'm probably wrong...
    IKEA owner has overtaken BG and the Sultan to become world's richest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    As long as its not strip poker.......
    People will resort to practically anything if there is large amounts of money to be won quite easily.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if he gave 1 million pounds to everyone

He'd still have over 30 billion for himself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I think BG is the richest man in the world. He passed the Sultan of Brunei a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes you are wrong, the Sultan has wasted his money, mostly through his brother. He is "poor" in the rich list.

ReputationRep:
    IKEA owner has overtaken BG and the Sultan to become world's richest.
    Ahhh right. How much does the IKEA owner have? How much does BG and the Sultan of Brunei have? (if u know)

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be a good idea for Bill Gates to have a mobile ECG attached to his heart which is linked up with his lawyer's office.

When his heart goes into defibrilation, a message could be sent to his lawyer directing him to transfer all funds to his next of kin. A signed agreement beforehand could be designed for any problems.

This way, before he can be pronounced dead by a doctor, his money will be in the hands of his children/wife so they can avoid inheritance tax. An idea worth sending off to Mr. Gates I think...
    Sounds like an excellent idea except for the fact it would still have to be paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    i dont now if this thread has been done already but what would you do if you had his welth and not his bad looks? would you help make the world a betetr place?

(any opinions will help as its one of my essays about wealth adn society)
    try ending world hunger....erm.....buy a big house and live happily ever after

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.