The Student Room Group

Football is boring

Football is boring to watch

What do you even get out of it? :dontknow:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yip I agree it is boring. I'd rather watch paint dry than a football match tbh but each to their own.
Reply 2
Nothing at all I think its completely unfair that they get paid so much when doctors and teachers do MUCH MUCH more and make a bigger difference. Thats the gov for you though
Hello!
Your opinion is wrong. How dare you dislike one of my pastimes?
Reply 4
Original post by Tcool
Nothing at all I think its completely unfair that they get paid so much when doctors and teachers do MUCH MUCH more and make a bigger difference. Thats the gov for you though

There's no way a Government can pay what the free- market pays the footballers. They retire at about 30, do any of the professions you mention retire at 30?
Reply 5
Original post by Tcool

The government?!

Dear god. It's called supply and demand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tcool

Could say same for banker, CEO's, Politicians and the queen...

Life's not fair get over it.
Reply 7
Original post by ridwan12
Could say same for banker, CEO's, Politicians and the queen...

Life's not fair get over it.

I can express my opinion if I want to. Opinions are there to be shared get over it
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by meenu89
There's no way a Government can pay what the free- market pays the footballers. They retire at about 30, do any of the professions you mention retire at 30?

Why do you think they can retire at 30? It's because of their wage packet. And no people with normal jobs don't, why you may wonder well thats because like I said they have NORMAL jobs without a high pay
Reply 9
Original post by Jkizer
The government?!

Dear god. It's called supply and demand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know who pays them and I don't care but my point is not that, its I dislike football because it's an overly hyped sport where players get paid overly high wages!
Original post by Tcool
Why do you think they can retire at 30? It's because of their wage packet. And no people with normal jobs don't, why you may wonder well thats because like I said they have NORMAL jobs without a high pay

You are comparing things which are completely different. Define 'overpaid.' How much should they be paid?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tcool

Hello!
It's not about whether they 'can'. Many can't, and end up having to get another job. Living forever on their 12 years of wages is strictly for the very top players. It's about how good they are - once you reach a certain age, your fitness will decline. Simples!
Reply 12
Most games are boring tbf.

I can't believe how obsessed I was with it when I was a kid, now I've grown up I've realised what a load of crap it is for the most part.

I still follow my team but I never go out of my way to watch a game and I rarely watch a game without doing something else. Also aside fro the WC/Euros I don't watch games that don't involve my team.

Occasionally a game can be entertaining but by and large they're boring where not much happens for very long periods.
Reply 13
Original post by meenu89
You are comparing things which are completely different. Define 'overpayed.' How much should they be paid?

What are you talking about? How is that different...look don't worry I'll give you five minutes to come up with a comeback lol
Reply 14
Original post by straight2hell
Hello!
It's not about whether they 'can'. Many can't, and end up having to get another job. Living forever on their 12 years of wages is strictly for the very top players. It's about how good they are - once you reach a certain age, your fitness will decline. Simples!

Yep but I'm talking about wages here
Original post by Tcool
What are you talking about? How is that different...look don't worry I'll give you five minutes to come up with a comeback lol

The Government pays one, the free market pays the other. If you say footballers are overpaid, can you define how much they should be paid?
Reply 16
Original post by meenu89
The Government pays one, the free market pays the other. If you say footballers are overpaid, can you define how much they should be paid?

Look im not an expert on who pays who but as I said my point stays the same. They should be paid the same as teachers or even less as they not only play football for their own enjoyment and yes maybe they're inspirations to people but lets face it they're hardly doing anything for us a part from SOMETIMES fuelling the economy but the impact is miniscule
Original post by Tcool
Yep but I'm talking about wages here

Hello!
I recommend you read my post again. I was too! Maybe we can be best buddies.
Reply 18
Original post by straight2hell
Hello!
I recommend you read my post again. I was too! Maybe we can be best buddies.

Lol sorry I'm in argument mode here. And ok... hehe :smile:
Original post by Tcool
Lol sorry I'm in argument mode here. And ok... hehe :smile:

Hello!
I drew a picture of us on a balloon ship being best buddies forever. This makes me happy. Can you draw one too?
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest