The Student Room Group

part time Hijabi

So..I wear a hijab and have friends who don't. To be honest I don't judge people who don't wear a hijab because for all I know they could be more religious, sincere and an overall better person than me so I have no right to judge. However, I have a friend who wears the hijab to college but as soon as ita over she takes it off and doesn't wear it on weekenda etc. I asked her why and she said and I quote because 'I like styling my hair so much'. I don't understand why girls wear it one day and not the next. Can someone explain please cos imo its either on or off and if one is finding it difficult I understand ofcourse, its not easy in this society but the reason for loving hairstyles sounds really dumb...
I don't think there's any way to explain it. There is nothing to explain.
I have a friend who does the same. She just feels like she wants to be someone else at times, I guess that's not the right thing to do, but she's happy with it so mer.
My grandma's friend was going on about how wearing hijab has become a fashion statement and I think she's actually right. It doesn't really bother me if girls take it off and on; it's their choice really. The one's that grind on me are the girls that wear hijabs yet the type of stuff they do isn't even remotely Islamic.nI was shocked when I came across a post on this site where a guy said his friend had gotten a bj from a girl wearing hijab. My eyes were opened!
Reply 4
Original post by iammeyouareyou
My grandma's friend was going on about how wearing hijab has become a fashion statement and I think she's actually right. It doesn't really bother me if girls take it off and on; it's their choice really. The one's that grind on me are the girls that wear hijabs yet the type of stuff they do isn't even remotely Islamic.nI was shocked when I came across a post on this site where a guy said his friend had gotten a bj from a girl wearing hijab. My eyes were opened!
yeah I understand what you mean which is why I don't judge girls who don't wesr hijab because these days its fashion statement. I was just really annoyed my friend came up with the pathetic excuse that she loves styling her hair so she can't wear a hijab to town. The other day I was in town with her and we saw a college friend and she literally ran away cos she was embarrassed to be seen by her without it on. So I just think that she should take it off cos its obviously not being worn for the right reason. But oh well I can't do nothin so..
Reply 5
I guess it saddens me because imo it should be off if they are not ready to commit to wearing it. And when its off everyone has seen u so... lol. I also see ppl who wear the veil part time too....ppl are so random
I don't judge people except that I do.
Reply 7
I guess some people find it hard to commit to something, and they just keep changing their mind every now and then. They have every right to, though. I aint judging.
Reply 8
Original post by TheMoho
I guess some people find it hard to commit to something, and they just keep changing their mind every now and then. They have every right to, though. I aint judging.

Makes sense. I agree with u Moho now that I have thought about it.

like any 'ethnic dress' eventually it wll have some general impact on mainstream fashions. also its undeieable even now in islamic community hijab is worn out of cultural and basic accepted familial practice. as an excersise to reduce lustful feelings between man and women islami has failed miserabley here- given that if you walk around any islamic country at night as a lone women you will be warned against this, as you are likely to be jumped on by a sex starved muslim male. equally evn in the uk i have caught muslim females in hijabs or even burkha checking me out- so it obviously doesnt work
Original post by Meenglishnogood
like any 'ethnic dress' eventually it wll have some general impact on mainstream fashions. also its undeieable even now in islamic community hijab is worn out of cultural and basic accepted familial practice. as an excersise to reduce lustful feelings between man and women islami has failed miserabley here- given that if you walk around any islamic country at night as a lone women you will be warned against this, as you are likely to be jumped on by a sex starved muslim male. equally evn in the uk i have caught muslim females in hijabs or even burkha checking me out- so it obviously doesnt work

I have no idea what you're talking about betah.
I have no idea what you're talking about betah.

What's 'betah'?
Original post by Edo123
What's 'betah'?

'Child' I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
I guess it saddens me because imo it should be off if they are not ready to commit to wearing it. And when its off everyone has seen u so... lol. I also see ppl who wear the veil part time too....ppl are so random

The thing that really gets me is wearing hijaab and then a mini skirt :angry: I mean wtf, if you're going to expose yourself like that, you may as well just show off your hair too.

I had a uni friend who I didn't actually kno wore hijaab or that she was Muslim until a few weeks after I met her. She was considered the "slut" of our group. She basically took off her hijaab as soon as she left home.
I think she kinda had a more valid reason that just wanting to style her hair though. She didn't want to be Muslim which was fair enough imo.

And yes betah means child :smile:
Uloo ka patha nahi bunho mera bacha :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by katbob
Uloo ka patha nahi bunho mera bacha :biggrin:

Why did you call him your bacha? Did you sleep with his father?
Reply 15
Why did you call him your bacha? Did you sleep with his father?

Ahahahahaha, I have no come back for this.

Other than bacha can be used in an endearing way?
So..I wear a hijab and have friends who don't. To be honest I don't judge people who don't wear a hijab because for all I know they could be more religious, sincere and an overall better person than me so I have no right to judge. However, I have a friend who wears the hijab to college but as soon as ita over she takes it off and doesn't wear it on weekenda etc. I asked her why and she said and I quote because 'I like styling my hair so much'. I don't understand why girls wear it one day and not the next. Can someone explain please cos imo its either on or off and if one is finding it difficult I understand ofcourse, its not easy in this society but the reason for loving hairstyles sounds really dumb...

I am somewhat of a part time hijabi. I usually only wear it during Ramadan etc. This is because when I wear it I feel like a fraud because my daily habits are not representive of Islam and I do not want others to see me thinking it is. So for me it is not a fashion statement. However I dislike girls who wear on and off. More so I dislike hijabi's who behave worse than non-hijabi's and still attempt to pass judgement.
Each to their own I guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending