Roy Hodgson's arrogance Watch

CantTellMeNothin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
From Reuters

Strangely, before the game, Hodgson had challenged Suarez to prove that he deserved to be placed in that 'world class' category.
"I think he will only be at that level when he shows it on this particular stage," said the England manager, who must now think he was asking for trouble with that assessment.
Utter disgrace. Does he know who he was talking about?

To take just a handful of his achievements. 3 goals and a run to the semi finals at the last world cup. Reigning European Golden Shoe winner, in the age of the two greatest footballers ever. Coming off a season of 31 goals in 33 games. Trophy winner with Liverpool, Ajax and Uruguay, Player of the Tournament in a triumphant Copa America campaign.

And Roy has the audacity to question whether he's a world class player?

Roy Hodgson said these comments more out of a lack of football knowledge rather than any disrespect/disgraceful pre-match mind games. Discuss.
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Roy Hodgson...a disgrace...?

THIS is a disgrace.

CantTellMeNothin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Dear Roy Hodgson, the FA, respondents to this thread, the media, and general English football fans

James222
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you for real ?
Roy was just playing mind games grow up
jam278
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CantTellMeNothin)
Dear Roy Hodgson, the FA, respondents to this thread, the media, and general English football fans

That just means that he doesn't like England and the media personally.

Guy makes me laugh though, such a rat but you gotta just respect him.
Olie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It wasn't a disgrace, it was just a poor attempt at mind games that backfired, cause apparently it motivated Suarez even more to prove his doubters wrong :rolleyes:
Kutta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Roy should not be England manager lol

What do we want to play like Fulham? Liverpool in thier crap times?

Got beat by a goal kick against Germany four years ago and same mistake again yesterday, which shows no improvement. His decisions on subs and tactics are terrible to the extent that David Moyes is a tactical genius in comparison.
cBay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James222)
Are you for real ?
Roy was just playing mind games grow up
it must go down as the worst attempt of mind games I have ever seen. I feared at the time I first heard it that it would backfire. Criticising a player who will just work harder to prove wrong his critics is just stupid. I'm sure Suarez would have scored 2 even if Roy had kept his mouth shut, but the point is you shouldn't be tempting him.
James222
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cBay)
it must go down as the worst attempt of mind games I have ever seen. I feared at the time I first heard it that it would backfire. Criticising a player who will just work harder to prove wrong his critics is just stupid. I'm sure Suarez would have scored 2 even if Roy had kept his mouth shut, but the point is you shouldn't be tempting him.
Works for mourinho all the time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.75%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (346)
37.24%
No, I am unable to (234)
25.19%
No, I chose not to (251)
27.02%