JanelleJacksonn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Heya!
Thanks for reading my post guys, my name is Janelle Jackson and I have been accepted to Bradford for Law LLB and University of East London for Criminology & Psychology.
I have dreamed of moving to England since I was a little girl, as my brother Simeon Jackson lives there to play football. I was super excited when I received my acceptances and I can't wait to head out.
In regards to my programs, I am seeking some opinions because as I missed the January 15th deadline, the schools I was able to apply to was very limited.
I have accepted my offer to UEL although I have heard some negative things, my program there seems valuable and the campus looks amazing! I could always switch next year should I hate it, I just need to get my visa, my foot in the door.

I want to hear all about London night life and all it has to offer! Malls, fashion and everything with it. Feel free to message me! I want to meet friends in my future home in 3 months!!!

xxx
Cheers!!!
Persiannn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JanelleJacksonn)
Heya!
Thanks for reading my post guys, my name is Janelle Jackson and I have been accepted to Bradford for Law LLB and University of East London for Criminology & Psychology.
I have dreamed of moving to England since I was a little girl, as my brother Simeon Jackson lives there to play football. I was super excited when I received my acceptances and I can't wait to head out.
In regards to my programs, I am seeking some opinions because as I missed the January 15th deadline, the schools I was able to apply to was very limited.
I have accepted my offer to UEL although I have heard some negative things, my program there seems valuable and the campus looks amazing! I could always switch next year should I hate it, I just need to get my visa, my foot in the door.

I want to hear all about London night life and all it has to offer! Malls, fashion and everything with it. Feel free to message me! I want to meet friends in my future home in 3 months!!!

xxx
Cheers!!!
heyyyy I'm currently studying Criminology at UEL going in to my second year now I think you may be taught in the Stratford campus night life is great, expensive though you picked the right uni would have been no point moving to England and living in Bradford, its a run down city lol. Good thing about living in London you wont feel out of place no matter how you dress.. you will fit in there is a big shopping centre (mall) next to the train station in Stratford called Westfield. Feel free to message me x
kirsty-92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey i have sent you a message
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Be prepared for a culture (and wallet) shock. The East London housing you can afford is definitely not that of Toronto. (I have a lot of family living in Torornto, Montreal and Vancouver). The 'malls' (shopping centers) are pretty much the same though - except there is so much to see and do in the UK and Europe, you won't have much time (or need) to hang out there.
doubledee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JanelleJacksonn)
Heya!

xxx
Cheers!!!
London is amazing, you will love it. Don't worry about it being to expensive you just need to know the right places to party. Somewhere like Shoreditch and Brick Lane will be an amazing and fun night out and not as expensive as a night out in Oxford Street (central london). Also for fashion, Westfield shopping centre is mecca. You have everything from cheap and cheerful Primark (low cost clothes) to high end Gucci. The good old Topshop, H&M and river island etc everything is all under one roof. You really couldnt ask for anything better. Full of restaurants and other cool stuff as well. Also East London has lots of cool bars, vintage clothes markets, art galleries etc. Its an up and coming area so you will have a blast.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (274)
65.55%
No (144)
34.45%

Watched Threads