Any chance after failed exam???

Watch this thread
Samuel1988
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi there, just looking for a bit of advice.

I have applied for Medieval and Early Modern History at MMU and I'm currently doing an access course. I have passed all of my assignments and have passed my History exam, but strongly feel that I am going to fail my Biology exam. If I fail the exam I have been told that I will not get my full diploma and will not "pass the course".

Would MMU still consider giving me a place based on the fact that I failed a Biology exam even though I passed all previous assignments and passed history?

Any advice would be great thanks.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Samuel1988)
Hi there, just looking for a bit of advice.

I have applied for Medieval and Early Modern History at MMU and I'm currently doing an access course. I have passed all of my assignments and have passed my History exam, but strongly feel that I am going to fail my Biology exam. If I fail the exam I have been told that I will not get my full diploma and will not "pass the course".

Would MMU still consider giving me a place based on the fact that I failed a Biology exam even though I passed all previous assignments and passed history?

Any advice would be great thanks.
I fail to see what use biology has in the field of medieval and modern history and it would seem unfair to penalise you for not passing it.

Having seen three children and numerous nieces and nephews through university applications my gut feeling is that you will be alright. MMU is not anywhere near a prestigious university (sorry)

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ables/rankings

so I am guessing they won't be lining people up to reject.

My nephew was supposed to get ABB for his course ( very similar to yours ) at an equally bog standard uni. He got in with CCC after doing A levels for 4 years - currently he has just finished his first year and is doing well and really enjoying it.
Samuel1988
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ahhh thanks! And I understand it's not a Russel Group uni or anything, I applied there mainly because of the course content as the only other university I could find that did Medieval and Early Modern History was Bangor and I don't really fancy moving to Wales! haha!

Thanks again for your advice, I will probably ring MMU after my exam later and explain the situation. I will probably get told to apply through clearing I guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (273)
42%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.38%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.23%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed