The worlds first far-right comedian - by going back to the 50's I didn't mean the 195 Watch

SpikeyTeeth
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ramsey Paul, the worlds first far-right commercial takes a poke at egalitarians, the stretches of the imagination used to argue that everyone is equal, the fact that extremists first kill everyone else then turn on themselves (the left in soviet communism), the atheists are outside this venue right now protesting for their religion with their placards, and he protests the venue that let him in with placards with racist, Nazi, swastikas and kkk, and his YOUTUBE audience must be oh .... about 6 million. Ladies and gentlemen, Ramsey Paul....

TheTranshumanist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SpikeyTeeth)
Ramsey Paul, the worlds first far-right commercial takes a poke at egalitarians, the stretches of the imagination used to argue that everyone is equal, the fact that extremists first kill everyone else then turn on themselves (the left in soviet communism), the atheists are outside this venue right now protesting for their religion with their placards, and he protests the venue that let him in with placards with racist, Nazi, swastikas and kkk, and his YOUTUBE audience must be oh .... about 6 million. Ladies and gentlemen, Ramsey Paul....

If you want to discredit/debunk egalitarianism, why not have an actual debate about it instead of posting stuff like this? This is a debate forum.
SpikeyTeeth
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTranshumanist)
If you want to discredit/debunk egalitarianism, why not have an actual debate about it instead of posting stuff like this? This is a debate forum.
Yes it goes something like this:

There are natural differences between group

No there are not

Well look at the statistic Richard Lynn has produced, he has proven it

No that's because of the weather

No he produced it across the world an the same patterns occurred regardless of the weather

It's down to culture. Yes culture, culture culture culture

He disproved this one by looking at different groups assimilating into others; some groups who assimilated at vastly different times had the inverse outcome that you would expect.

It's the spaces they live in.

No studies prove that there are hereditary aspects to people for example e.g. Identical twin studies in Germany in the or at half of the 20th century.

But they tortured the twins by chopping them apart and torturing them with surgical equipment.

No they didn't torture them, they just measured them.

You're a Nazi sympathiser. Racist nazi KKK......

There is a conditioned response to these things because the education system is responsible for distorting reason in these matters.

Comedy breaks through people's scripted responses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheTranshumanist
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
x
What's with you white nationalists and straw-man arguments?

I'm sure I've explained this to you before (in one of your past accounts), but even if Lynn's findings are accurate (which I doubt), they do not debunk egalitarianism, which is the doctrine that people should have the same civil, political and social rights.
SpikeyTeeth
Rep:
?
What's with you white nationalists and straw-man arguments?

I'm sure I've explained this to you before (in one of your past accounts), but even if Lynn's findings are accurate (which I doubt), they do not debunk egalitarianism, which is the doctrine that people should have the same civil, political and social rights.

I don't have any past accounts. It is not the white nationalists that are using straw man arguments. It is the state, the media and the education system. The straw man arguments range from equality arguments, to economic arguments about saving the economy through debt and justifications for war e.g. The Iraq war.

Yes you are right it does not debug the belief that all people have the same political and legal rights.

However today there is no simply the belief that all groups should enjoy the same political and legal rights.

There is an underlying premise that all groups are equal and that where outcomes are not equal, an excuse needs to be made for this and action need to be taken.

For example: women's earnings,
Stated Reason: male dominated society
Solution: fast track women into senior positions

Example: racial wealth disparity
Stated reason: racism
Solution: quote system, more highly visible non-whites, attack whites by making them feel guilty, make constant accusations of racism to whites

To attack egalitarianism in the way as to say all groups are not equal attacks the objective of the lobby which wants to create equal outcomes for groups.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheTranshumanist
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't have any past accounts. It is not the white nationalists that are using straw man arguments. It is the state, the media and the education system. The straw man arguments range from equality arguments, to economic arguments about saving the economy through debt and justifications for war e.g. The Iraq war.

Yes you are right it does not debug the belief that all people have the same political and legal rights.

However today there is no simply the belief that all groups should enjoy the same political and legal rights.

There is an underlying premise that all groups are equal and that where outcomes are not equal, an excuse needs to be made for this and action need to be taken.

For example: women's earnings,
Stated Reason: male dominated society
Solution: fast track women into senior positions

Example: racial wealth disparity
Stated reason: racism
Solution: quote system, more highly visible non-whites, attack whites by making them feel guilty, make constant accusations of racism to whites

To attack egalitarianism in the way as to say all groups are not equal attacks the objective of the lobby which wants to create equal outcomes for groups.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I certainly recognise your style of writing, but that doesn't really matter.

I personally don't believe in imposing quotas and forcing equality of outcome, but I do believe in equality of opportunity, regardless of race, sex etc. It's quite possible to attack the equal outcomes lobby without attacking the political doctrine of egalitarianism, so I'm not sure why you've targeted the latter as well.

White nationalists, in my experiences with them, of which I've had plenty on this forum, always use straw-man arguments.
SpikeyTeeth
Rep:
?
Well, I certainly recognise your style of writing, but that doesn't really matter.

I personally don't believe in imposing quotas and forcing equality of outcome, but I do believe in equality of opportunity, regardless of race, sex etc. It's quite possible to attack the equal outcomes lobby without attacking the political doctrine of egalitarianism, so I'm not sure why you've targeted the latter as well.

White nationalists, in my experiences with them, of which I've had plenty on this forum, always use straw-man arguments.
Progressivism does not work like that. Progressivism does not say OK let's give everyone the same legal and political rights and then let's stop at that. The way it works is to make that step 1, then step 2 is to invent a religious type belief to discount all differences, then try and make all of the outcomes equal, then invent terms like CIS gender for straight males and straight females, then terms like white privilege and CIS gender privilege, make a third gender for gender indeterminate etc.

And Conservatives move their position to around 20 or 30 years behind liberals but its constantly moving. So soon Conservatives, as Ramsey Paul says will be defending the sanctity of gay marriage.

When you say that nationalists always make straw man arguments isn't that a straw man argument? Didn't nationalists make valid arguments about the British authorities turning a blind eye to Asian and British establishment pedophiles because they were afraid to bring up the issue out of causing offence, and bringing it up resulted in the authorities being forced to do something about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheTranshumanist
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Progressivism does not work like that. Progressivism does not say OK let's give everyone the same legal and political rights and then let's stop at that. The way it works is to make that step 1, then step 2 is to invent a religious type belief to discount all differences, then try and make all of the outcomes equal, then invent terms like CIS gender for straight males and straight females, then terms like white privilege and CIS gender privilege, make a third gender for gender indeterminate etc.

And Conservatives move their position to around 20 or 30 years behind liberals but its constantly moving. So soon Conservatives, as Ramsey Paul says will be defending the sanctity of gay marriage.
I sort of agree with your point, but I think what you've described is a more extreme form of progressivism, one which we've all encountered. It's possible to be an egalitarian without being an extreme progressive.

When you say that nationalists always make straw man arguments isn't that a straw man argument? Didn't nationalists make valid arguments about the British authorities turning a blind eye to Asian and British establishment pedophiles because they were afraid to bring up the issue out of causing offence, and bringing it up resulted in the authorities being forced to do something about it?
It's not a straw-man argument per say, but of course, you could argue that my interpretation is wrong. Yes, nationalists did discuss the issue about the paedophiles, but I find that ethno-nationalists tend to evoke straw-man arguments whilst arguing for their cause.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads