The Student Room Group

What grade am I on ?

Hi, I know that edexcel will try to give you the best possible grade but assuming that these are my results , what grade am I looking at ? Since M3 is really holding me back I was hoping It can be moved to my normal maths so I can get an A* in FM and A/B in maths ?
Please don't comment on FP3 being higher than FP1/2.

C1: 90%
C2: 93%
C3: 85%
C4: 85%
Fp1: 90%
Fp2: 80%
Fp3: 95%
M1: 82%
M2: 95%
M3: 0 ( too hangover that day )
S1: 80%
S2: 100%
Reply 1
Original post by anon-ti
Hi, I know that edexcel will try to give you the best possible grade but assuming that these are my results , what grade am I looking at ? Since M3 is really holding me back I was hoping It can be moved to my normal maths so I can get an A* in FM and A/B in maths ?

0% doesn't sound good...
Reply 2
Original post by BCMFM16
0% doesn't sound good...

yeah I only found out recently all modules are equal in weight.
Reply 3
Original post by anon-ti
yeah I only found out recently all modules are equal in weight.

i'm sure you would have at least picked up some marks :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by BCMFM16
i'm sure you would have at least picked up some marks :wink:

Probably, but a U/E doesnt count towards anything does it ?
Reply 5
Original post by anon-ti
Probably, but a U/E doesnt count towards anything does it ?

i'm pretty sure it does, you pay for the exam, the exam boards are a service to you, so if they don't count it you aren't getting your money's worth.:redface:
Reply 6
Original post by anon-ti

Did you get A in A level maths? Just wondering. Because if I do okay in M2, I should get A in level maths and I plan on smashing FM next year. I was too lazy this year
Original post by anon-ti

Seeing as you won't get the A* in maths, I'm sure they'd put in what they can to get you an A as low as possible. But not M3.

A Level Maths:
C1-4
M1 S1

A Level Further Maths:
FP1-3
M2-3
S2

So you need 20% in M3 to get an A* in fm! Reckon you got that?
Reply 8
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Seeing as you won't get the A* in maths, I'm sure they'd put in what they can to get you an A as low as possible. But not M3.

A Level Maths:
C1-4
M1 S1

A Level Further Maths:
FP1-3
M2-3
S2

I did C1, C2, C3, C4, M1 and M2. Next year I am doing (hopefully if I get an A) FP1, FP2, FP3, S1, S2, S3/M3.

I know M2 can be taken into account for FM modules, but I was wondering whether something like S1/M1/S2/M2 can considered for BOTH A level maths AND FM? Like can I count my ums for 1 of those modules for 2 separate A levels?
Original post by R2D2.
I did C1, C2, C3, C4, M1 and M2. Next year I am doing (hopefully if I get an A) FP1, FP2, FP3, S1, S2, S3/M3.

I know M2 can be taken into account for FM modules, but I was wondering whether something like S1/M1/S2/M2 can considered for BOTH A level maths AND FM? Like can I count my ums for 1 of those modules for 2 separate A levels?

No.

That'd be stupid.
Reply 10
No.

That'd be stupid.

Damn. But what if I did really good in S2 next year and I wanted to swap it for M2? Would I be allowed to do that? Or does edexcel automatically change out the modules to give the best grades?
Reply 11

A Level Maths:
C1-4
M1 S1

A Level Further Maths:
FP1-3
M2-3
S2

Ahhhhhhhhhhh if I knew that a U would still count towards the final grade I would have actually attempted the paper rather than falling asleep, fingers crossed I suppose
Reply 12

A Level Maths:
C1-4
M1 S1

A Level Further Maths:
FP1-3
M2-3
S2

and lets say I did get 0% does that mean its a B in FM (since 460/600) ? -_- 20% is the difference from an A* to a B ?
Original post by R2D2.
Damn. But what if I did really good in S2 next year and I wanted to swap it for M2? Would I be allowed to do that? Or does edexcel automatically change out the modules to give the best grades?

Well you'd need M1 and S1 together or both mechanics or both stats
Original post by anon-ti
and lets say I did get 0% does that mean its a B in FM (since 460/600) ? -_- 20% is the difference from an A* to a B ?

Original post by anon-ti
Ahhhhhhhhhhh if I knew that a U would still count towards the final grade I would have actually attempted the paper rather than falling asleep, fingers crossed I suppose

yep sorry

Quick Reply

Latest