Daniii93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am utterly torn between doing maths and marine biology at uni. I absolutely love both but I don't really know what a marine biology course at uni entails. Also is Bangor University a good place to study marine biology? Please help!
Alicelewis11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Marine biology is the field of information identifying with marine creatures. Anyway what is a sea life scholar? To a lot of people, it means being a dolphin mentor yet to others it means dealing with a marine natural life haven. There are numerous replies to this inquiry and I would say that a sea life scholar is somebody who works somehow in considering, watching, ensuring, or overseeing marine living beings, be they microorganism, plant or creature. In the event that you contemplate marine fish populaces you are a sea life scientist. On the off chance that you deal with a marine government protected habitat and are concerned with insurance of marine living beings there, then you excessively are a sea life scholar. You know you're a sea life researcher on the off chance that you have a journal or machine that you record data regularly about marine organic entities. Anyhow you might additionally be a sea life scientist in the event that you are gathering wipes, searching for bioactive medications. You may be numbering them, doing DNA sequencing of them, watching them in the lab or making hypothetical models anticipating their plenitude once angling is diminished. So sea life scholars do numerous things, yet what they have in as a relatable point is working with marine living beings........
BestProfileName
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Look up a few marine biology courses and look for their module list.

I find pure maths more boring than applied maths, but you might be different. They're such different subjects - what do you want from life?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (175)
9.83%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.88%

Watched Threads