Alec
    Bebop
    I'masillynarb
    Bezza
    Phil
    Ger
    Android Killer
    Mast3486
    Jojoba86 (Leader of Campaign for the Physics Society Board)
    Hitchhiker 13
    Keithy
    Speciez99
    Kosine90
    Riffraff
    K'uin K'ra
    Figgetyfig
    4Ed
    Tammypotato
    Edders
    Sat
    Capslock
    pal_sch
    chrisbphd
    Zazy
    mathematician
    Faerieland
    Mysticmin
    Scarlet_ibis
    mast3468
    Lonestar
    chud
    samdavyson
    hornblower
    RDoh
    [ Z ]
    Rustyk1
    Mighty
    Integral_neo

Honorary Members
    DazYaa911
    Elite Cookie
    LS
    mubinchoudhury
    Z!D4N
    ®eAl ©uTe Eye$
    Wiwarin mir
    mathemagician
    hihihihi
    Fly By
    shushimeng
    sunjuice
    jinsisi
    tiara123
    KiranV

IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE SOCIETY, PLEASE READ THE NOTES FOUND HERE: http://www.uk-learning.net/t53922.html FIRST AND THEN PM YOUR MEMBERSHIP DETAILS TO ME

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    how do i join the UKL physics society?
    if its just a case of adding my name cud u purty plz?
    thnx

ReputationRep:
    im a full member? i thot i was honorary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    im a full member? i thot i was honorary.
    SOZ! Yeah, you are just a full member unless you are planning on/currently studying for a physics degree or related subject. I've changed the members list now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    SOZ! Yeah, you are just an honorary member unless you are planning on/currently studying for a physics degree or related subject. I've changed the members list now!
    I think this is what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I think this is what you mean.
    OMG!!! I'm officially going mad. How am I going to my Oxford Offer if I can't even type what I'm thinking! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    LOL, hoofbeat i do it all the time...my brain is thinking of one thing and i type something completely different.

I wouldnt mind joining...Im either gunna be doing an Engineering degree or maths if i can swap! Close enough to physics yes?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chud)
    LOL, hoofbeat i do it all the time...my brain is thinking of one thing and i type something completely different.

I wouldnt mind joining...Im either gunna be doing an Engineering degree or maths if i can swap! Close enough to physics yes?

Thanks
    I'm the same. Usually though, my mind is thinking about 3words ahead of ym hand and I end up suddenly writing something down which doesn't make sense either because I haven't finished writin the previous word or i've missed several words out. Tis v.annoying! I'll blame it on all this revision (which I should be doing now! oops!).

Count yourself added to the members list and feel free to add "UKL Physics Society Member" to your sig!

ReputationRep:
    I thought i was the only person who did it hoof! I'm glad to know some1 else does

Thanks, i hope the physics soc. will come up with some clever problems like the non-sel maths soc have managed so far!

ReputationRep:
    could I possibly join as I am doing A2 physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chud)
    I thought i was the only person who did it hoof! I'm glad to know some1 else does

Thanks, i hope the physics soc. will come up with some clever problems like the non-sel maths soc have managed so far!
    Hmm.. physics problems lol

Is light a wave or a particle

ReputationRep:
    oooo i know this.....its a wave....

no no no.....its a particle...........

hmmm............................ ........

its both............................ .....!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Hmm.. physics problems lol

Is light a wave or a particle
    Light is both, it has wave like properties but it also has properties of a particle, such as the photoelectric effect and diffraction.

I want to join the Physics society as Physics AS student (A2 in year 13).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Light is both, it has wave like properties but it also has properties of a particle, such as the photoelectric effect and diffraction.
    Both is not good enough... How can a friut be an apple and a wave at the same time? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Both is not good enough... How can a friut be an apple and a wave at the same time? :cool:
    light is made up of photons which are massless particles, thus light is made up of particles. But light is also a wave, it depends what circumstance you wish to use light in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    It could be a weird hybrid. Maybe light is some sort of particle-wave hybrid? . I think I'll stick to the text book explnation 'Sometimes it acts as a particle, sometimes it acts as a wave' - it's just something to liven up Youngs slits, and confuse people.

ReputationRep:
    Can I join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    Can I join?
    I think you have to prove yourself or something.

Light is a mass-less photon moving like a wave. It leaves a continuous trail from which the energy required to do so, is created kinetically inside the nucleus.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.